Page 1 of 2
Whats the connection between Edwards and Esp?

Are they the same quality as ltds/esps?
Edwards is a Japanese company that is owned by ESP, and they make les paul copies and other ESP models, only in Japan. they're quality is awesome, even better than LTD's, and they're worth the money.

in terms of quality

ltd > edwards > esp <-------------my mistake

esp > edwards > ltd <-------------my correction
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jul 6, 2007,
oh....crap right

esp > edwards > ltd

sorry, my mistake
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

For america and most of the world, we have ESP and LTD, we dont get much Edwards.
For Japan, they have ESP and Edwards, they dont get much LTD in their domestic market.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by Waterboy799
oh....crap right

esp > edwards > ltd

sorry, my mistake

good that you fixed that... wouldn't want him to get an ltd when he could've got an edwards for the same money
Sigs are too hard to think up
^haha!

I found a Edwards explorer (Like hetfields with the gibson head)
Dead cheap and the style I have always wanted so I might be looking in to those
^ wow, where'd you find that?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by the_crimison
good that you fixed that... wouldn't want him to get an ltd when he could've got an edwards for the same money

yea

actually Edwards are a little more expensive when it comes to certain guitars, like the Laiho sig etc. but they're worth the money.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Dave_Mc

Ishibashi
I was like "dear....god.... *calls dad for credit card* "
Quote by Dave_Mc

Ishibashi, a Japanese music store that carries Edwards, ships to the US. Not sure about the UK.
I see they have a 27 fret model. For £558.

...ESP dont have 27 fret models.

This company is really interesting me.
Quote by False_God
Ishibashi
I was like "dear....god.... *calls dad for credit card* "

garg, that's no fun, i thought you meant you'd found them in ireland!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Tallman

don't forget about postage and customs.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
don't forget about postage and customs.

Still, the only other 27 fret guitar ive ever seen is a caparison horus, which stupidly expensive. (though they do sell them in the same city as me)
^ yeah. that postage and customs is liable to increase the price to around £700. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, lol (i'm interested in edwards myself)- however, for the 27, i don't like all that abalone everywhere. i'm waiting till next year to see if they bring out a less, er, flamboyant model.

i need their "classic" copies first, too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah. that postage and customs is liable to increase the price to around £700. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, lol (i'm interested in edwards myself)- however, for the 27, i don't like all that abalone everywhere. i'm waiting till next year to see if they bring out a less, er, flamboyant model.

i need their "classic" copies first, too.

Yeah, the abalone does make a bit too "flashy".

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/kiko/e-kl-160se.jpg

This a bit better.
^ yeah. i don't like sigs though.

i think last year's non-sig edwards one was less flashy, from what i hear. that should bring the price down a bit too, which'd be nice.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Its a sig?

****... and i thought i had a breakthrough.

Shame ESP haven't thought about doing a 27 fret production model.
Last edited by Tallman at Jul 7, 2007,
Quote by Dave_Mc
garg, that's no fun, i thought you meant you'd found them in ireland!

Quote by Tallman
Its a sig?

****... and i thought i had a breakthrough.

Shame ESP haven't thought about doing a 27 fret production model.

yeah, the dude from angra, i believe. kiko louroruroryrryruruirro. something like that.

Quote by False_God

yeah. i heard that marcus in belfast had a second hand edwards LP junior/special in, but by the time i got there, it had gone.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^That would be sweet!!

Man this country need some new stockists! Specially Edwards and maybe some GOOD prs's. not the dammed SE series!
Quote by Tallman

Yeah, I really want that one, too. The sunburst one, specifically.
you might want to check out Ebay, Katanaguitars is known to sell edwards stuff.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
^How would the prices compare to Ishibashi?

but I shall check!

Thanks for that1
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
you might want to check out Ebay, Katanaguitars is known to sell edwards stuff.

I know, and they've got the sunburst 27-fret one on sale now. I'd buy it if I had $1,250 to spend.
Quote by False_God
^Could you link me to that shop? Because I cant seem to find it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Edwards-E-CY-155CTM-Honey-Burst-SOLOIST_W0QQitemZ120138012819QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33038QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As it turns out, the sunburst one is only $1,169.00, but I still don't have that kind of cash. The blue one is more, though.
Edwards is NOT a separate company at all.

ESP is the mother company. They own the ESP, LTD, Edwards, Navigator, and Grassroots brands.

ESP guitars are made in the same Japanese shop that produces the ESP standard and custom series, as well as the custom shop. They use only premium woods and have top quality craftsmanship. They are built by experienced luthiers and get strict quality control checks at every step of production.

LTD guitars are mass-produced in Korea and Indonesia by other manufaturers (like Samick) under contract. ESP does not own these factories. They only own the LTD brand. The Korean-made models are made with lower quality woods and components than the Japanese ESP models, but are still quality instruments made in state-of-the-art facilities. They get good quality control and get good professional final setups at the factory. Indonesian models are generally meant for the low end starter guitar market. They're good starter guitars, but that's about it. They get a decent setup and are 100% noob-ready.

Edwards and Navigator guitars are mass-produced like the high end LTD, but at the same factory in Japan that produces ESP models. They use woods and components comparable to the high end Korean models, but are made on the same production lines that ESP guitars are produced on. These are the guitars ESP produce for the domestic Japanese market, instead of importing LTDs from Korea. Also, you'll find high quality Edwards and Navigator models that are copies of Gibson, Fender and other models that ESP aren't allowed to export out of Japan due to copyright issues (Les Paul, Strat and Explorer copies, for example).

So yes, I agree with the ESP > Edwards > LTD
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Can anyone post a pic of the flashy 27 fretter?
EDIT: Nevermind, I've found it.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Last edited by mr kipling at Jul 8, 2007,
Navigator Models
"Navigator guitars are the highest-end of all ESP guitars. The Navigator series Fender and Gibson replicas are
made at costs that exceed those even of Fender and Gibson’s own Custom Shops! They range in price from
$3,000 - $8,000 and are the pride of ESP. Sounds like a crazy idea destined for failure, but what many people
want nowadays is a quality guitar, made with the utmost attention to detail and don’t really care what the
headstock says. Navigator guitars have the exact dimensions of Fender and Gibson’s, but have amazing
details that Fender and Gibson don’t even put on their own guitars.
For example, Navigator Stratocasters have individual fret binding that comes up to meet the ends of each fret!
Carved straight from the neck by hand, that’s 42 little raised bumps. Can you imagine the time it takes to do
that? Well, that’s just one thing. They are made with the same gauge fret wire as Fenders and Gibsons and
have identical proportions. They use true nitro finish, 1-piece or 2-piece bookmatched woods, and Antiquity or
Seth Lover pickups stock. I have 6 Navigators in my own collection that would shame any Fender or Gibson
you put it against in a showdown. Yes, I paid more for them than Fender or Gibson Custom Shops would have
cost, but I have a quality instrument made with dedication and craftsmanship you won’t find on any other
production model. There is nothing out there that can rival a Navigator."

Edwards Models
"Edwards guitars are the most under-rated guitar brand in Japan to date. They use bookmatched woods, nitro
top coat finishes, Fender and Gibson-size fret wire, identical dimension-matching, and have Seymour Duncan
SSL or SH series pickups stock. They cost anywhere from $850 - $1,200 new. They are designed as the
lower-cost version of the Navigator series, but they are really not that much lower in terms of craftsmanship,
only price. Edwards guitars are made as Gibson and Fender replicas as well, but at a price most people can
afford, and they are the real rivals of the Fender and Gibson guitar, because they are in a price range that is
a little less. For what you get, Edwards brand is the best value in electric guitars today, in my opinion, if you
are looking for a Fender or Gibson clone and don’t want to compromise tone by searching for older, used
vintage Japanese guitars that can sometimes be noisy.
Anyone who has ever purchased an Edwards guitars has made a comment about how taken-aback they were
at the quality and bang-for-the-buck. I agree – Edwards makes the best low-cost guitar in Japan."

http://www.guitarsjapan.com/ESPinfopage.html
Thanks to this thread, I've become infatuated with Japanese guitars. They're so superior to American guitars IMO that it's not even funny. I want a Jackson Star or an Edwards so bad now...
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, the dude from angra, i believe. kiko louroruroryrryruruirro. something like that.

yeah. i heard that marcus in belfast had a second hand edwards LP junior/special in, but by the time i got there, it had gone.

That is a sig but this one
isn't. Looks similar to the sig but has a reverse headstock and flat top.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
^ yeah, i saw that one on the edwards site. It doesn't have the nice ebony board though and I haven't seen anywhere stock it. It's in a different drop down menu where the title is in japanese, for all i know it could say "last year's models", lol.

Quote by Crunchmeister
Edwards is NOT a separate company at all.

ESP is the mother company. They own the ESP, LTD, Edwards, Navigator, and Grassroots brands.

ESP guitars are made in the same Japanese shop that produces the ESP standard and custom series, as well as the custom shop. They use only premium woods and have top quality craftsmanship. They are built by experienced luthiers and get strict quality control checks at every step of production.

LTD guitars are mass-produced in Korea and Indonesia by other manufaturers (like Samick) under contract. ESP does not own these factories. They only own the LTD brand. The Korean-made models are made with lower quality woods and components than the Japanese ESP models, but are still quality instruments made in state-of-the-art facilities. They get good quality control and get good professional final setups at the factory. Indonesian models are generally meant for the low end starter guitar market. They're good starter guitars, but that's about it. They get a decent setup and are 100% noob-ready.

Edwards and Navigator guitars are mass-produced like the high end LTD, but at the same factory in Japan that produces ESP models. They use woods and components comparable to the high end Korean models, but are made on the same production lines that ESP guitars are produced on. These are the guitars ESP produce for the domestic Japanese market, instead of importing LTDs from Korea. Also, you'll find high quality Edwards and Navigator models that are copies of Gibson, Fender and other models that ESP aren't allowed to export out of Japan due to copyright issues (Les Paul, Strat and Explorer copies, for example).

So yes, I agree with the ESP > Edwards > LTD

agreed, but navigators are like gibson custom shops, they're a step above even ESP, i believe. they use honduran mahogany (the good stuff) and have prices around $3000.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh yeah, edwards use one-piece backs and one piece maple necks etc., things which LTD don't, as far as I know. from what i hear, and as you've said, I'd definitely take edwards over LTD, given the option at a similar price.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2