I'm redoing my old Squier HH Strat (has a mahogany body) and I'm in need of some cheap but good pickups. Just looking for a nice bluesy/classic rock tone. I would love to get another set of Duncan 59's (I have them in my Epi) but I really don't wanna spend that much. This will just be a backup guitar and something to dick around with on occasion...

So I came across these Golden Age pickups on stewmac and was just curious about them? Anyone ever try them? I read some reviews on Harmony Central and they seem to be good but I would like some more opinions.
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Pickups:_Guitar,_electric/2/Golden_Age_Pickups.html

try gfs... they are really good too
music=life
everything else is just details
Duncan Pearly Gates.<<<Teh SHIZNIT!!!

or GFS. they're cheaper.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
They're great sounding pickups! The overwound pickups sound so perfect with some overdrive. I'd take them over that GFS garbage any day.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'