Does anyone know any modern day southern rock bands? I dont want any southerncore stuff but some harder stuff is good. Im mainly just looking for a modern southern rock band i can get into. Please recommend something even if its not super southern im still fine with it.
Shinedown?

Not sure if that's what you're looking for. But they, or at least the lead singer, seem to be very fond of Lynyrd Skynyrd.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
3 Doors Down is the only one I can really think of.

Nickelback has southern-rock qualities...thats all thats coming to mind.
The.
Try these songs,

My Morning Jacket - Lay Low
My Morning Jacket - Anytime
Kings Of Leon - Arizona
Kings Of Leon - Joe's Head
Kings Of Leon - Slow Night, So Long
Wilco - Impossible Germany

They all have that jamming vibe and southern rock style guitars.
Try Nashville Pussy. Either Say Something Nasty or High as Hell. Also there was an album that came out called Rebel Meets Rebel with members of Pantera and David Allen Coe singing. Both are a little harder, but still with southern style.
Its 15 years old now, but Corrosion of Conformity's 1992 "Deliverance" album is solid.
Discolored skin gives me away.
Not a band, but this guy is better than most complete bands. check out this guys stuff on myspace.com/starpathproductions. He is the current featured artists. Awesome singer/songwriter and plays one mean guitar. He deserves be known about. Thanks.
Drive-By Truckers - The southern rock band. Check out Southern Rock Opera. Couple of decent guitarists in there too.
go to myspace music and search The Mount Brothers. They're really good they have opened for The Fray. a couple of them are in my jazz band class and they play good southern rock
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Black Stone Cherry? Idk if they're southerncore or southern rock..

She dreams in color, she dreams in red.

Quote by josh999x
A guy put a dildo on his head and shouted look i'm a unicorn.

Quote by sg255
Patrick was so slang, but Squidward was a boob waffle.
Quote by rodrigomierh
matt mays & el torpedo sounds like tom petty

cocaine cowgirl and time of your life are good songs to check out.

+1 I love Matt Mays
Maylene and the Sons of Disaster... Great band...

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by easthatred
Black Stone Cherry for sure.

Being a rock band from the South doesn't make you a Southern Rock band surely. Southern Rock is things like Lynrd Skynrd and The Allman Brothers, music that is influenced by it's location in the the South rather than just generic rock (which Black Stone Cherry sound to me).

I'll say it again, Drive-By Truckers are from the South, and sound like it. They couldn't really be from anywhere else.