i just learned CKY's Flesh Into Gear but i need an effect pedal to get that CKY sound, so i was thinking of either getting this one or this one. which do you think is the best?BTW, other suggestions are welcome and i dont have a lot of money

Next purchase: Peavey Vypyr 30 Combo Amp
Last edited by White-Trash Wil at Jul 6, 2007,
Neither. You're going to need more of a distortion pedal to get that sound though. I'm gonna recomend the EXH Metal Muff by default ($89) but other better (than anything Danelectro) options could be the Boss DS-1 ($39) or DS-2 ($79) or even the EXH Double Muff ($58). The BEST thing for you to do would be to save up about $90 and get a Metal Muff or something similar i.e. more reliable and not so painful sounding.
Please, call me Chase.

Quote by GeneralGrim
You live up to your name, sir. Well done.

Gear

Lefty MIM Strat
Traynor YCS50 :
Larrivee D-03R
Dunlop 95Q Wah
BYOC Fuzz
Fulltone OCD
Vintage Volume Pedal

I witnessed Night of the Pear 2
Just so you know, there's no point shelling out for an expensive pedal if you don't have a decent amp...what you got?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ with a 9v battery or an adapter of equal power (Visual Sound OneSpot comes to mind)
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
ive got 2 amps
ones an Ibanez that my dad gave me but his friend bought it from a garage sale and its refurbed(but still sounds great) and i use it 20% of the time
my other one is this one
10W RMS/20 Watt Peak 
6.5 Inch Speaker 
Dual Input (Guitar, Tape/CD) 
Dual EQ Bass & Treble Tone Controls 
Headphone Output 
Master Volume 
Overdrive Switch w/Level Control

I'd get a new amp if I were you....you aren't going to get much joy out of a 10 watter no matter what pedals you stick in front of it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^Tubes are pretty expensive, and if you dont have a lot of cash they are pretty well out of the question, a 30 watt or higher regular amp would probobly suit just as well, Marshall is good quality
^Not if you're talking about MG's. Those are the only affordable ones and they blow.

You should get a Vox AD15 or AD30. It's a good step-up amp if you're strapped for cash.
i just looked at my Ibanez Amp and its 42 watts, should i just use that instead?

wait what's ur budget? ibanez **** wouldn't be nearly as good as a Crate Palomino.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
lets just say, im 16 dont have a job and my parents are my budget......so its going to be a while before i get something new like an amp