I've been realizing lately that I haven't really been learning anything new. I basically know chords, barre chords, power chords, major and minor pentatonic scales, and (if I think about it really hard) what note each fret are. I can play riffs like "Under the Bridge" (verse chord hammer on things) a lot of Frusciante and Chili Pepper songs (including solos) and some Hendrix stuff (basic though, not all hammer ons and solos.)

I've been playing for about two years. I think... But anyways. I really feel like crap. I love playing but I just don't think I have anything else. If you kinda get me. It sucks. I love guitar and music. Any suggestions on what to learn? Broaden my music influences and styles? Scales? Stuff like that. Any help is really appreciated...
Learn shred? Start listening to new music, learn that? More scales? I dunno...
Who dat?
Learn teh shredz0rz and sweeping.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
buy an ibanez and a spider 2. you'll instantly gain 150 exp. and become br00tal.
I will fuc
Quote by saintjimmy99
buy an ibanez and a spider 2. you'll instantly gain 150 exp. and become br00tal.

I have never been tempted to sig anything but your comment ALMOST makes me want to....
Quote by Hexagram
I have never been tempted to sig anything but your comment ALMOST makes me want to....

do it, i'll sex you up goooooooood.
I will fuc
I suppose you could try and learn some theory (learning the scales and modes really helped me), and I guess listen to more music to draw inspiration from.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by saintjimmy99
do it, i'll sex you up goooooooood.

hmmm, i will keep it on call. If i do decide to sig someone, you will be the first person i will contact