Poll: Which book would you like to see the UG book club read?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which book would you like to see the UG book club read?
10 26%
Brave New World
5 13%
A Clockwork Orange
11 28%
The Stranger/Outsider
6 15%
All Quiet on the Western Front
7 18%
Voters: 39.
The poll will be open 48 hours and was created to decide what book should be the first book read for the first ever UG book club. Please vote only if you intend to actually participate. The books are as follows:

1984 by George Orrwell

The ultimate staire of communist Russia, the book tells the story of Winston Smith and his degradation by the totalitarian state in which he lives.

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

The story of a young boy who loves violence, recreational drugs and rape. Explores the moral conflicts of forcing a person to comply with societies rules and restrictions.

Brave New World by Alduous Huxley

Tells the story of the future wherein the majority of humans are all manufactured and denied the power of intelligent thought but are all mostly happy, with the exception of the protagonist Bernard.

The Stranger/Outsider by Albert Camus

The ultimate existentialist novel about a man who is condemned to death for killing another man in a fit of passion. Explores the impact society and its fragile boundaries has on the human consciousness.

All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque

A war-themed novel about the horrors of that war and also the deep detachment from German civilian life felt by many men returning from the front.

I set this up kind of fast because I have to go to bed. Thanks to everyone who made recommendations, if I didn't use yours this time I might next time depending on how successful this idea is.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

wow, somwhere out there, there is intellegence on UG. i happen to be in the middle of brave new world right now, excellent book
Quote by GuitarHobbiest
What exactly is a powerchord?

Quote by laid_to_waste
My trouser snake is friendly. If you pet him, he might even do a trick! think I'm going to hell for that one.
let's add some books.

i vote "A Man Without A Country"
by the late great Kurt Vonnegut.
he is an AMAZING writer.
A clockwork Orange...best movie/book ever
Setup
Shecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S2170 Prestige
Crate GT120
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Dunlop Cry Baby Original

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK

And i was all like, no dude show me your DICK
A Clockwork Orange is the best but i would wanna read All Quiet on the Western Front because i've never read it yet

All Quite... ! Its my favorite book of all time, and I was planning to re-read it soon for an Advanced Class next year... Summer Homework sucks.
I have a question. What if we've already read all the books listed?
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Brandon860
I have a question. What if we've already read all the books listed?

I don't know, I've read most of them myself but for the first go-round I was looking for classics that would appeal to most of the users on this site. If it works out we can have some less well-known books in the future.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

they're such famous books why would the book club read them? lol if they're in a book club, shouldn't they read them previously?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by pumpkins_rule
I don't know, I've read most of them myself but for the first go-round I was looking for classics that would appeal to most of the users on this site. If it works out we can have some less well-known books in the future.

oh, well can I make a suggestion? How about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest could be added to the options?
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
People we gotta start small. The Stranger is a short novella, its a perfect book to launch the book club. We dont want a long-ass book and have people drop out.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Quote by daytripper75
how about a book that isnt so widely known?

i feel like this is my high school book list.

Well most of UG are in highschool.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Brave New World.

It has such a good ending...

not really, but it was an awesome book.
In an interstellar burst! I am back to save the universe...
Perhaps you should go with something UG can handle. Like Spot the Dog, or something?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Sounds like a great idea, Ill probably just go to the library and borrow everything on the list.