alright this is the scale i use whenever i solo, it's based off of minor pentatonic and harmonic minor, and i was just wondering if it was actually a well known scale or if it's all just in my head?

in 12th position:
12---14---15------
12---13---15------
12---14---15------
12---14------------
12---13---14---15
12---14---15------
I will fuc
In your head. I've never seen this before. It's interesting though, If applied nicely.
I'm back, you douchebags.
I've never seen a scale like that before. It must be jazz or something, 4 half steps in a row...interesting.

When I jam out with a rhythm or song or something, I write down every note and improve using those notes strictly, or going on a guitar scale site and eventually figure out what scale I'm playing or what I could be playing.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I've never seen a scale like that before. It must be jazz or something, 4 half steps in a row...interesting.

When I jam out with a rhythm or song or something, I write down every note and improve using those notes strictly, or going on a guitar scale site and eventually figure out what scale I'm playing or what I could be playing.

the four half steps are the standard A and B from the minor pentatonic, the Bb from the blues scale, and the C that later reappears up at the 13th fret of the B string. i usually don't play the lower one, but it's in there.
I will fuc
I would really think the A# or Bb would be a passing note, not a note officially in the scale.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I would really think the A# or Bb would be a passing note, not a note officially in the scale.

that's usually how i throw it in. like a really quick hammeron from 12-13-14.
I will fuc
F# spanish 8 tone scale
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
Give it some kickass name and claim it as your own dude. I saw some similar ones, but that definitely is different from what I've seen.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
you guys like it? i've just sorta developed it to be versatile and still not be too generic.
I will fuc
again F# Spanish 8 tone scale!
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
I don't know if I like the sound of it, but I didn't try soloing. I'm with whoever mentioned the passing tone. Otherwise it just doesn't fit together.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
alright this is the scale i use whenever i solo, it's based off of minor pentatonic and harmonic minor, and i was just wondering if it was actually a well known scale or if it's all just in my head?

it's interesting, but it's not "versatile" - there's 2 key things to keep in mind about scales on the guitar.
1 - they're in different keys
2 - they cover the WHOLE fretboard

so basically you're playing every solo in the same key in the same place? If you're moving it around and extending it then fair enough, I misread the post...but if not the first thing you want to be doing is breaking out of that box, the longer you stay in it the harder it'll be to get out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
wow it sounds majory, minors, melodic, harmonicy lol strange

LIke a spak version of the melodic minor, hybrid scale, half major half minor.

Still cool