Sooo I just gathered all my paychecks, and i got $800 aussie dollars.

Should I get an Ibanez RG321MH or A new amp? and if new amp, wat model?

I play metal and nice cleans would be good.

I got a schecter hellraiser with emg's in it.

I currently got a Marshall MG15CDR, i live in an apartment so it cant be too loud.

thanks in advance
The Hellraiser is already a really good guitar. I suggest you get a new amp. The MG won't do the guitar justice since it's got EMGs in it. Why would you want to spend your money on another metal guitar when the Hellraiser is more than capable of doing the job?

Spend that money on a decent tube amp and you'll definitely notice a huge difference in sound. Try and get a Randall RG50TC if your into metal, it does a good job. Don't know whether its easy to find in Australia though.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by fatboythin at Jul 7, 2007,
well a good cheap amp thats small is a roland cube, but it wont do the hellraiser justice...maybe a blues junior with some sort of overdrive pedal?
i need another back up guitar for alternate tunings cos tuning the floyd all the time is a real bitch.

are tube amps quiet enough for bedroom playing? i play mostly at home, i jam less now with my band cos the drummer has his HSC ( senior high school exams in australia).

uhhh aussie dollars are cheaper than ur yankee bucks like $1 aus = 80cents american
Well, it's a hard decision to make really. Tube amps won't sound really good at low volume, so it's not really recommended. But if in the future you want to do a gig or something, then it'll come in handy.

And yea, alternate tunings are a b**** to do on Floyds. So, getting the RG as a backup guitar for alternate tunings is a good choice also. Well, its up to you actually. Which do you need more? A guitar for alternate tunings or a better amp that would serve you in future gigs and do your guitar justice?

EDIT: Woah, $1000 aussie? That's a little overpriced.
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
awww i like justice.... but neighbours are gona be pounding at the door.
i might jsut get the rg and maybe a pedal as well, u reckon a metal muff would be good? or will justice still not be served with the stupid marshall? lol
No point getting a pedal, you're just going to make the MG sound even worse than it is man. Haha.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
if its just at home an ibanez valbee? its meant to be really good i'm thinking of getting one myself, and its probably cheap enough to have some money left over.
i dunno
nothiinn
Loud tube amps are great because they have this thing on them called a "volume knob"

Get an amp, your amp is ****, your guitar isn't.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Loud tube amps are great because they have this thing on them called a "volume knob"

Get an amp, your amp is ****, your guitar isn't.

rofl, how loud is a 30 watt tube compared to my mg?
^Infinite. And beyond. Cus that's just how loud it is, to yer silly MG.
oh damn, then i shouldnt get a tube amp. any good ss amps that will compliment my emg's?or should i just go for the backup ibanez?
Perhaps try a Randall amp of sorts. However, avoid Line 6 Spider series and any more Marshall MG amps. They are total balls.
The Randall RG50TC is a tube combo, not a SS. And yes, it will compliment your EMGs pretty well.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
The Randall RG50TC is a tube combo, not a SS. And yes, it will compliment your EMGs pretty well.

tube amps are gona be too loud for the place i live. so i'll look at some ss amps.
Well, if you want to get an SS amp for metal, i recommend the Roland Cube 30. Its a good SS amp for the music you play. With the R-Fier setting, you're set for any heavy metal. But be warned though, it won't bring out the full potential of your EMGs because its an SS.

And if i'm not mistaken, you could buy BOTH the RG321MH and the Cube with $800.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Definitely check out the Ashton solid state amps. They're cheap here because they're Australian, and they are very good value for money. I myself have a GA4012 and it's pretty spiffy for playing in the bedroom and jamming. It distorts decently, which is nice, but I usually stick to the clean channel. This is where this thing shines. This amp has by far the nicest cleans you will get for anything even remotely close to its price (Just under $300) and beyond. It's a little barebones, but what it does, it does very well.
Quote by fatboythin
Well, if you want to get an SS amp for metal, i recommend the Roland Cube 30. Its a good SS amp for the music you play. With the R-Fier setting, you're set for any heavy metal. But be warned though, it won't bring out the full potential of your EMGs because its an SS.

And if i'm not mistaken, you could buy BOTH the RG321MH and the Cube with $800.

yeh i've been leaning towards the cube 30 for a ss.
im either gona get the cube or ibanez with a pickup swap.
Haha, now its up to you man. You make the last decision. That's all i can help you with. Congrats on whichever 1 of them you choose.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
Haha, now its up to you man. You make the last decision. That's all i can help you with. Congrats on whichever 1 of them you choose.

thanks man
If you're looking for a new amp- i'd reccomend a laney VC15 for home practise. But bear in mind that it will be fairly loud, not quiet, not overkill either.

but, get yo ass down to a music shop and try some amps, then find one you can afford and like, we can only give you opinions
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

Sig'd.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by vulgarmachine
If you're looking for a new amp- i'd reccomend a laney VC15 for home practise. But bear in mind that it will be fairly loud, not quiet, not overkill either.

but, get yo ass down to a music shop and try some amps, then find one you can afford and like, we can only give you opinions

ye sure thing mate. gona go try some tubeys and see if they'll fug up the neighbours.