So i'm looking into getting new pickups to replace the stock ones in my epi les paul. money isn't a huge issue, but i'd rather not spend more than a hundred on a pickup. i'm looking for something that will work with various types of punk rock, oldschool emo, screamo, but with at least the potential for a little bit of metal. or at least moreso than what the stock ones have. anyway, after looking around the forums and checking reviews, the best setup i can come up with seems to be a seymour duncan sh-1 59 in the neck and either a sh-5 custom or a sh-6 distortion in the bridge. does this sound good for what i want? also, what i dont understand is why would i want the pickup that i would be using with distortion in the bridge like everyone recommends? with every guitar ive played the neck pickup seems to be the one to get the beefier sound with distortion, while the bridge pickup just kind of sounds shallow. and what's the deal with the covers, are they easier to change/reusable?

thanks.
what's you budget? what's your amp?

covers affect the tone slightly. not much in it though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?