The Peavey Valve King 112 that is $430 USD is all valve right? Its not a tube pre amp, it is all tube, because I want an all tube amp. And would it be good for stuff like Lynyrd Skynyrd?
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
It's a great amp. Really versatile. I own the 212 version.

Most people would recommend you try the Peavey Classic 30 or Delta Blues before you make your final decision. they run for about 600 USD

The Classic 30 can't get as much crunch or thunder as the Valveking and isn't nearly as tweakable when it comes to resonance/presence AB/A, the wattage etc etc, but it makes up with it by having more tone.

As far as what the Valveking can handle.... pretty much anything if you set it right

Clean channel sparkling cleans/ jazz

Lead channel crunch/early-mid metal

And yes it's all tube
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
yes, it's an all tube amp on a budget. it doesn't do much metal without a boost, but it's pretty classic rock voiced. i personally don't like it though; the one i played felt 'cold' and tinny/lifeless.

interested in any other amps?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
yes, it's an all tube amp on a budget. it doesn't do much metal without a boost, but it's pretty classic rock voiced. i personally don't like it though; the one i played felt 'cold' and tinny/lifeless.

interested in any other amps?

yeah that's more of the fault of the stock speakers and tubes then anything.

I guess they were trying to make it more affordable...

Speakers and tubes luckilly can be switched out really easilly
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
^ true, i hate it when they cheap out on the important stuff.

i do hear that replacing the speakers and tubes improves it quite a bit.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Well, peavey isn't known for having amazing stock speakers. I personally hate most of them.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
ha, the vk has left a nasty impression on me regarding peavey, personally. but that's just one amp...
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by UnsignedRecords
ha, the vk has left a nasty impression on me regarding peavey, personally. but that's just one amp...

The Delta Blues is probably my favorite amp in it's price range, and the JSX and 6505 are revered, but I don't like the Valveking at all. Peavey makes some outstanding products (stock speakers aside), and while they're moving a lot of units with the VK, they've gotta be hurting their reputation.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ right right. i've yet to try out some more peaveys, since my local shop (idiots aside) has a huge stock of amps. but i had no time to try them all haha.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

The Valveking is a great amp. I have had it for a about a year. Peaveys are known for reliabilty but I don't think it would hold up for hard road use. If you are playing at home or just occasionally jamming get it. My opinion after owning it for a year is that the tubes and stock speaker need break-in. It sounds so much better after about 80 hours hard break-in. The sound, versatility and value are hard to beat. A speaker upgrade might be advisable for metal.
buy mine!!!

c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
buy a wah wah pedal. Easier to use, and you won't have to re-tune your guitar after you use it.
i'd probably chekc the classic 30.

the only thing i preferred the valveking to the classic 30 for was medium high gain (think iron maiden). and the VK doesn't really get any heavier than that on its own (or at least turn the gain any higher and it sounds like crap).

The VK is basically a budget, reasonably versatile amp, if you require volume/high wattage.

for any other needs (as long as you don't play metal), the classic 30 is a lot better, IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The valveking is a good amp for the money, and I love mine. As said before, it can't do super high gain metal, but it can do some. It's quite versatile, and I don't suggest you just abandon it because a few people didn't like it.
Quote by hschecter
buy mine!!!

nice rig
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by TacoPaco9317
nice rig

c-1 classic pride!!!!!!!!!!. lets make a club
c-1 classic
mim strat (not fender)
valveking 112
Boss dd20 giga delay
Boss phase shifter
more to come
fender acoustic

my band

Quote by someperson
buy a wah wah pedal. Easier to use, and you won't have to re-tune your guitar after you use it.
I think everyone on UG has one secretly, but doesn't sig it for some reason...as much as I love the VK, look into those other Peaveys that were recommended earlier, if your budget can stretch that far.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I think everyone on UG has one secretly, but doesn't sig it for some reason...
Heh, I almost got one, but I decided to save $300 and get a Damien FR. I regret it now, mainly because I've decided that I hate Floyds, and that all-black guitars are lame