so im going to guitar center tommorow. i have like 40$ on me. im gonna put a guitar on layway because ill be able to pay it off on friday. im trying to decide between a squire 51 or a epi les paul jr with a p90. which would be a better guitar to mod? i know the squires are popular but i havn't played one yet and i have played a epi jr. before and it was pretty nice.

so

squire 51 or epi lp jr.?
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
I want to say the Squire, they are much more customizable.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
squier, much more versatile and also easier to mod. And they also have the most mods
i was thinking that too. but im not planning on doing much more then changing pickups/bridge/tuners
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
Well still, would rather have a strat for modding than a Lp, much easier, and anything can pretty much be put on them.
your reply just made me think of a question. are squire 51s the same body shape as a strat? i always thought they were a little different
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
strat shaped bodies with the cavities IMO are easier to mod. but then if u liked the epi LP jr, then go for those.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Hahaha, you really do love that site, eh Ippon?

WHERE'S YOUR LATEST MOD, HUH HUH HUH? I watched your first three. I want something more than a paintjob! Come on, come on!

And for the TS, I'd get the Squier 51. But my opinion is extremely biased, as I want one so so so so much. Also, I dislike flat-top les pauls a lot. The '51 will open up a lot more options, pickup combinations, bridges, pickguards, etc etc. I'd say the '51 would look nicer at the end anyway.
well im leaning torwards the 51 now but at the end of the day im gonna play both and see which one plays better.
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
Quote by Gymmeh
Hahaha, you really do love that site, eh Ippon?

WHERE'S YOUR LATEST MOD, HUH HUH HUH? I watched your first three. I want something more than a paintjob! Come on, come on!

And for the TS, I'd get the Squier 51. But my opinion is extremely biased, as I want one so so so so much. Also, I dislike flat-top les pauls a lot. The '51 will open up a lot more options, pickup combinations, bridges, pickguards, etc etc. I'd say the '51 would look nicer at the end anyway.

So you saw the other Squier 51 thread The 51 modders forum has some pretty cool mods. Also, over the Memorial Day weekend, the GCs here sold them for $69 a pop. They're still available at SamAsh for $99 shipped. Get them before they're gone. Some eBayers are actually asking and selling them for $150 or so.

BTW, I painted 5 Crash-style Strats for forum members who actually paid but didn't want me to post pics.

I've played both and bought a couple of '51s.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music