Hey everyone. I tried looking around with the search but something is wrong with either the search or my computer so whatever im posting a thread.

My question is, it seems that my guitar doesnt sound as good as I want it too. Its a Reissue 62 Fender MIA strat and when I play chords (clean channel) it just sounds completely blah to me, horrible to be honest, im pissed at how it sounds out of tune etc.

Would it be safe to say that this is b/c I need to have the guitar setup?

There is a luthier somewhat close to me and I was thinking about taking my guitar out to him to get it setup. I hope this will help.

I was just curious if anyone bought a guitar, and expected it to sound good but it didnt b/c lets face it, probably most of the guitars we buy do NOT come setup well..

thanx

_B_
"TONE ADDICT"
Is the guitar properly intonated?

It's usually a good idea to get a setup on every guitar when you first buy them.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Are the strings still good? If they are, then yeah it might need to be set up. When I first got my guitar, the intonation was waaaay off. The easiest way to check it is to do a harmonic at the twelfth fret, and make sure it matches the fretted note. If it's more than just a tiny bit off, you've got a problem.
Warwick Corvette Double Buck 5 String
Ibanez GSR190
Ibanez RG3EX1
Cort Earth-70
1962 Danelectro Silvertone 1448
Ampeg BA-115
Line 6 Spider II 210
Vox DA5
Autographed Dunlop Wylde Wah
M-Audio Keystation 49e