Now listen up. I hate Squier Strats. Im not sure if you all do, but i sure as f*** do, so dont think im promoting them.

just recently, I've made a mute switch out of my crappy little sqiuer. I took of the pick guard, cut the wire to the neck pickup, and bam, mute switch. now, in the process of me doing this (It turned out quite well) I had to move stuff inside around. I dont know what I did, but when I set it to the bridge/middle pickup setting, I get this really nice, almost brown sounding like tone, with ALOT of sustain. now, Is it supposed to be like this? or is that some kind of Jesus-miracle happening? =/ By the way, I bought it at a pawn shop for $65. Its my only electric guitar, but im willing to take donations -hinthint-

oh, heres my setup:
guitar (modded Squier) ---->DS-1 pedal---->Roland micro cube (Set to Rectifier channel)

also, any one here if the Electro-harmonix Nano Dr.Q envelope filter pedal is good? Im looking for a pedal that makes different sounds than your average ordinary distortion/flange/chourus pedal under 50 bucks.
Old Squires arnt bad, mines around 12 years old and it's great. New ones im Assuming, arnt as good.
Quote by CraigKing
Old Squires arnt bad, mines around 12 years old and it's great. New ones im Assuming, arnt as good.

hmm....I think mines kinda old. im guessing4 or 5 years. the pickups are a bit rusty...XD;;
I don't really like the fender copies squier makes, their other guitars however, are pretty good for the budget, like the '51 and such.

I think you made the mute switch in the wrong way. You just shorted the circuit, and that's never good. You're supposed to ground the hot wire.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
I don't really like the fender copies squier makes, their other guitars however, are pretty good for the budget, like the '51 and such.

I think you made the mute switch in the wrong way. You just shorted the circuit, and that's never good. You're supposed to ground the hot wire.

well, I didnt know how to ground the hot wire. ^^;; I just assumed cutting the wire would be good enough XP
There's a killswitch thread somewhere in gear building and customizing.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Kai07
Now listen up. I hate Squier Strats. Im not sure if you all do, but i sure as f*** do, so dont think im promoting them.

just recently, I've made a mute switch out of my crappy little sqiuer. I took of the pick guard, cut the wire to the neck pickup, and bam, mute switch. now, in the process of me doing this (It turned out quite well) I had to move stuff inside around. I dont know what I did, but when I set it to the bridge/middle pickup setting, I get this really nice, almost brown sounding like tone, with ALOT of sustain. now, Is it supposed to be like this? or is that some kind of Jesus-miracle happening? =/ By the way, I bought it at a pawn shop for $65. Its my only electric guitar, but im willing to take donations -hinthint-

oh, heres my setup:
guitar (modded Squier) ---->DS-1 pedal---->Roland micro cube (Set to Rectifier channel)

also, any one here if the Electro-harmonix Nano Dr.Q envelope filter pedal is good? Im looking for a pedal that makes different sounds than your average ordinary distortion/flange/chourus pedal under 50 bucks.

What a ****ing ****ty rig.
spinelss
the reason is when you put it to bridge/middle it acts as a humbucker. the sound you described is more of a humbucker sound. go try out a guitar with humbuckers in it and you will see
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by SG dan
I hate those squire affinity ones! Blech!!

they aren't bad if you get a good one. I got a good one for nearly half price cus it has a gash above the scratchplate. Gonna mod it lol.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by spineless
What a ****ing ****ty rig.

you think I dont know? the only think good is the Amp, which is a pretty damn good one. the rest fails.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
the reason is when you put it to bridge/middle it acts as a humbucker. the sound you described is more of a humbucker sound. go try out a guitar with humbuckers in it and you will see

Wrong. A humbucker is two coils wired in series, whereas the neck/bridge position is in parallel, producing an entirely different sound. Haven't owned a Strat, have ya?

Anyhoo. That's wierd as hell that you get a good tone out of that position when you didn't before. o_O Did you solder any bits together that you ordinarily wouldn't?
Quote by cokeisbetter
Wrong. A humbucker is two coils wired in series, whereas the neck/bridge position is in parallel, producing an entirely different sound. Haven't owned a Strat, have ya?

Anyhoo. That's wierd as hell that you get a good tone out of that position when you didn't before. o_O Did you solder any bits together that you ordinarily wouldn't?

I dun think so ^ ^;; I basically used a knife to cut the wires, and that was it...I dunno tho. =/ the guy who had it before me modded it to have 3 tone controls or something...the volume control doesnt work, and it lowers or brightens the sound on the bridge pickup. no effect on the others. thats the only thing I can think of out of the ordinary...
On the Dr. Q, it's an envelope filter which is really a "stationary" and "funky" wah-type effect.. EXH products are generally great so I say go for it if you like what ya see. And hear.
Please, call me Chase.

Quote by GeneralGrim
You live up to your name, sir. Well done.

Gear

Lefty MIM Strat
Traynor YCS50 :
Larrivee D-03R
Dunlop 95Q Wah
BYOC Fuzz
Fulltone OCD
Vintage Volume Pedal

I witnessed Night of the Pear 2
Quote by floydian07
On the Dr. Q, it's an envelope filter which is really a "stationary" and "funky" wah-type effect.. EXH products are generally great so I say go for it if you like what ya see. And hear.

ah ^^ thank you. I think I shall.