well, im selling my epi sg and fender squier so i can get a better guitar.
somewhere around $400 is what im gonna end up with. maybe like $440 max. thing is, i wanted a better guitar for gigging, cause im most likely starting a band within the next few months.

i play alternative, classic rock, screamo, indie, stuff along the lines of that, so its got to be pretty versatile.

ive been looking at the epi les paul plain top, but ive tried it a few times and i found it a little hard to play. every time i attempted a solo or improvised anything, it sounded like **** because i couldnt play to the best of my ability, so what are some other good buys out there?
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
A Standard Strat goes for around $400 and may be something you'd like if you want versatility. Hopefully it'll be a good fit in terms of feel as well if you're used to your Squier.
"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."
- Kurt Cobain
^ +1
Also try to find a second hand mexican or even American strat.
Lots of them in the USA
Quote by KiTzen
A Standard Strat goes for around $400 and may be something you'd like if you want versatility. Hopefully it'll be a good fit in terms of feel as well if you're used to your Squier.

oh well i never used the squier. my friend just gave it to me because he didnt want it.

i was considering a strat though. i guess i'll head to GC tomorrow and try it out.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Yeah definitely thoroughly test it out, because a Strat on the $400-440 budget is probably going to be the MIM Standard Strat, and those can be hit or miss in terms of quality.
"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."
- Kurt Cobain