ok so i was at a local music place, not guitar center or anything (it used to be called Exton music, if anyone lives near it) and they had a Marshall head and a fender 412 cabinet they were willing to sell to me for about 400$. first off though, i know for a fact the head wasn't an AVT or MG. so thats a relief. i didnt get a chance to play on it yet cause i caught the guy just as he was closing up, but ima get back there and play it before i shell out money anyway. but for now, anyone have any ideas what it could be? i remember seeing somehting along the lines of 'lead 100' on it, and it didnt have a lot of knobs, only like one row so it isnt the jcms, cause i woulda seen that in big writing. the closest ive been able to find on it is maybe it being a 'Lead 100 Mosfet'. if this is it, anyone have any experience with it? good deal for 400$ plus the fender 412?

thanks
To me it sounds like the Super Lead head, the JCM 800.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
proboly
i would think if you didn't like it ebay they head you could proboly get $400 for just that
then you got a free 4x12 cab
it could be an old tyep of marshall solid state. if i remember correctly they had a lead 100 or something like that.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Marshall tube amps are good, Marshall SS amps - not so much.

MOSFET = transistor

If you're looking at an all tube 100W Marshall head for $400, you're looking at a pretty good deal. If it's not tube, I'd look elsewhere.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Marshall tube amps are good, Marshall SS amps - not so much.

MOSFET = transistor

If you're looking at an all tube 100W Marshall head for $400, you're looking at a pretty good deal. If it's not tube, I'd look elsewhere.

Everything this man just said is right.

Do not bother with that amp.