ok so im gonna play in this contest which is open to all instruments what should i play i dont wanna play something to heavy since the judges dont listen to metal most likely but i want to do something with a realy nice solo any tips?
it has to be under 6 minutes and im wanting to at least fit the tapping from eruption in here.
by the way i cant play like michael angelo so no hangar 18 or other crazy stuff like that.
THANKS
try sweet child o mine, its long, but everybody knows it and to the untrained eye its extremely impressive
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
>_< Man says he can't play Hangar 18 yet people still reccomend Tender Surrender. jesus...

See if you can pull off Always With Me Always With You by Joe Satriani. There's much easier pieces, but...
Play a Jazz piece, I doubt you'd do well with hard rock/heavy metal.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
since they wont like metal try bourree

its easy and the judges will probably like it cause its classical

... or jazz
Quote by wasp2020
>_< Man says he can't play Hangar 18 yet people still reccomend Tender Surrender. jesus...

See if you can pull off Always With Me Always With You by Joe Satriani. There's much easier pieces, but...

+1
I played this last week in front of a few hundred people of all ages and it went down really well. It's not that technically demanding, it has a few quick runs in it but nothing too fancy.
I know that Satch's tears in the rain is pretty simple, yet takes some practice, check into it, good song too
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
yeah i'd most likely do always with you always with me except it's got tapping and sinc i want to play eruption then that wouldnt seem so cool .
Also I forgot to mentoin earlier that i dont have a wah or a whammy bar so please no songs that couldnt sound good without it
THANKS
Oh...misread your post then.

Maybe then for easier, nonheavy pieces:

Joe Satriani - Starry Night, Friends, Ten Words, A Train of Angels (although they might seem a little bland)
Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover (this one is more exciting, more difficult though)