I purchased an SDR-H18 camcorder a little while ago, but I'm only starting to use it now. It shoots fairly good video, but I was pissed beyond description to find out that I can't use the files it produces in iMovie. When I bought it I made sure that it was Mac compatible, so I thought it was a given that I would be able to use iMovie for editing. Those dirty bastards won't let me use anything other than their own god-awful software to edit, though, and it's making me extremely angry. I looked up solutions online and was crestfallen when I couldn't find any. Panasonic support offered no help at all, so now I'm coming to the technically savvy citizens of the pit. Is there a way to do this, or am I stuck with this $600 piece of **** camera?
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
What is the footage? DV? You can capture that in Imovie. Don't blame Panasonic for not reading the manual.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
It imports as mpeg, but whenever i try to open it in iMovie it says it can't parse it.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Well that's because Mpeg is a windows compression.

So is it saved to a harddrive in the camera? No tapes?

Get an Mpeg-quicktime converter. There should be one.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Is there a menu on the actual camera where you can change what format the video is saved to its hardware in?
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?