There's a boat in the yard! YES!!!

My birthday was not long ago (June 26th) and as a a birthday gift, my grandpa bought us an 18" 72 Ranger Bass Boat!

You see, I love to bass fish, but it's kind of hard to without a boat. I used to go with my dad, but he sold his boat. Before now, I pretty much had about $500 worth of bass fishing gear I accumulated over the years I couldn't use......but now I can go fishing again!

Looks like I'll be on the lake on Saturdays instead of sitting here talking to you guys

Anyone else have a boat? Like to go fishing?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Fishing its cool, good for my nerves since I'm nervous myself
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by dudetheman

My birthday was not long ago (June 26th) and as a a birthday gift, my grandpa bought us an 18" 72 Ranger Bass Boat!

WOW! An 18 inch boat. Thats going to be good for fishing.

Just kidding. Thats pretty cool. I wish I got expensive stuff for my b-day.
You got a boat for a birthday present...? Lucky bastard.

I love fishing myself, usually without a boat though. Too many mosquitoes this year to be on land though so I'll see if I can "aquire" a boat.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by dr_chainsaw0
WOW! An 18 inch boat. Thats going to be good for fishing.

Just kidding. Thats pretty cool. I wish I got expensive stuff for my b-day.

I meant 18ft lolz.

and it wasn't that much, like 1200 i think. Don't go thinking I'm some sort of rich kid or something, This is the most expensive thing ever bought for me in my life. You probably couldn't add up everything else I own to equal this thing.

That's what our house looks like (only ours is blue). we are not rich by any means.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Jul 7, 2007,
Ill borrow my uncles boat.

<_<

>_>

I challenge you to a race around the world!
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I use to go fly fishing with my dad years ago. Dont any more.

PSN ID: ArranP
Haha please get pictures!
Prefably with you at the helm in envigorating poses
But your choice
I went fishing every day last year. We actualy found a boat that was washed away by a flood, and kept it, and put a motor on it, and thats what we use now haha. I havent been once this year though, I might go down to my uncle's pond for some catfish is a week or 2.
"Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean they're not after you" - Kurt Cobain R.I.P

\_/ This is the Care-Cup! As you can see, it is empty...

p.s. haters, may you trip and fall in a puddle of AIDS.

I like fishing, although sometimes I feel really bad for the fish.

Yeah , yeah, stupid ass. =/
NICE, ive been pissed off as we have the money to buy a boat yet my dad refuses to because he says we cant keep it in our driveway because of city laws and i say keep it in the garage and put the truck in the driveway. you gettin a boat let alone a ranger makes me so mad i have to use a duck boat
I went fishing "properly" for the first time yesterday. I caught 6 fish...perch.

Hehe, catch a bass for me, man!
Lucky.

My grandpa has his own boat, but I'm not so much into fishing that he, or anyone else, would buy me a boat.

Can I go fishing with you?
Spiral Out
Quote by HumanitysDeath
Lucky.

My grandpa has his own boat, but I'm not so much into fishing that he, or anyone else, would buy me a boat.

Can I go fishing with you?

Sure! but you'd have to drive all the way to Virginia....

Quote by PapaSmurph
Haha please get pictures!
Prefably with you at the helm in envigorating poses
But your choice

I might get some up by tommorow.

It's compeletely metallic burgundy.....rather odd looking actually. I don't care though, as long as it will "carry me o'er yonder seven seas."

...Argh!

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
I love fishing. Mostly on the beach with huge surf rods.

I lack a boat for myself.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
My dad has a boat

And I have a 15' 1964 Lonestar with a 40HP motor and steering wheel that I got for my birthday one year. I love it but I have to reseal the whole inside because somehow water is getting in and the steering wheel cables are old.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
we've got a boat...it's a 42' power boat i like to fish on boats, but it's too much trouble to find a place to fish off of ours and be comfortable
<davey> it's hard to fake an orgasm when you're supposed to come in her mouth

[19:43] <Horrid> oh i see a juggalo and a faggot sympathizer
[19:43] <Horrid> fuckin america
Quote by dudetheman

You see, I love to bass fish, but it's kind of hard to without a boat. I used to go with my dad, but he sold his boat. Before now, I pretty much had about $500 worth of bass fishing gear I accumulated over the years I couldn't use......but now I can go fishing again!

Looks like I'll be on the lake on Saturdays instead of sitting here talking to you guys

Anyone else have a boat? Like to go fishing?

fishing rules!(best part of living in minnesota)
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by phatsack
fishing rules!(best part of living in minnesota)

Living in VA is cool too. We have about every kind of fishing you can think of!

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
I'd like to see some pictures of this boat.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I've been fishing bass tournaments for the past 6 years. I've got a 20' Triton Tr-20. Have fun in the lead sled. Here's a great forum for fishing and bass boats... www.bassboatcentral.com . My name on there is tr20josh. Congrats on the new boat.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
Last edited by atreyurock9 at Jul 8, 2007,
Quote by atreyurock9
I've been fishing bass tournaments for the past 6 years. I've got a 20' Triton Tr-20. Have fun in the lead sled. Here's a great forum for fishing and bass boats... www.bassboatcentral.com . My name on there is tr20josh. Congrats on the new boar.

That's a really nice boat!!!

Now that I have my boat, I might start fishing in the local tournaments. I think you can win up to 400-500 dollars, depending on which one you enter.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
holy bass-boat, Batman!

edit: that just killed the thread...
Last edited by TheGoldenGod at Jul 7, 2007,
Quote by dudetheman
That's a really nice boat!!!

Now that I have my boat, I might start fishing in the local tournaments. I think you can win up to 400-500 dollars, depending on which one you enter.

Thanks. I love that thing. It fishes like a dream and hauls a$$.

Where are you from? There are trails that you can find within your state that pay out differently depending on the size of the club. There are some small clubs that pay like $300 to first place and there are tournaments like B.A.S.S. Federation where you can win thousands. Would you have a partner to fish with? If so, you need to do a team trail. If not, you can do a team trail by yourself, but I'd look up American Bass Anglers (ABA) or see if there is a BASS Federation near you. Both are draw tournaments in which you can either fish as a boater or non-boater (you either bring your boat or fish in someone else's). They compete in seperate tournaments; i.e. boaters vs. boaters only and non-boaters vs. non-boaters only. ABA and BASS pay thousands to first place, but the competition is stiff. You really either need to know the lake really well or get really lucky. Winning often pays off in either thousands or a new boat.

If you need to know anything else, let me know. Also, log onto bassboatcentral.com and ask those guys about anything fishing related. They're a good group of guys and will help you out.
Jackson DKMG with Dimarzio Evo2's
Squier Strat

Vox AD50VT-212

Schecter Stilletto Elite-4

Acoustic B200

Change of Season

fuzzyDXMG=GREAT buyer/trader, easy to deal with.
Quote by GNiCk89
I love fishing. Mostly on the beach with huge surf rods.

I lack a boat for myself.

'the fuck? Stop posting in green

I, too, want to see this boat.
If it's a rusty old boat you should say to it "Get out of my yard!" and to hurry up.

/paul gilbert references, first things I thought of upon seeing the thread title.
Congratulations! Fishing's a blast.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
pics or it didn't happen

naah j/k I don't actually care
That is still really cool though
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Last edited by Alex The Red at Jul 8, 2007,