on my explorer the the strings are way to high above the frets, i lowered my bridge as low as it could go, didnt help, any advice?
On the headstock... there is a hatch, open it. in there you will find a insex (hexagon, six edges) screw. turn that either clockwiser or the opposite. That will help
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Quote by flipper.jelly
^^only adjust the truss rod if the neck bends in excess, it should have a slight bend

Yeah..! The truss rod is the name of it forgot... so I told ya where it is...
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
And turn it a VERY small (quarter turn at the most) amount clockwise. And use the right kind of wrench, strip that and you're in big trouble.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I had to turn mine like 3 and a half times
// Angus Young

+1
When adjusting the truss rod, you're adjusting the neck relief. Normally, there is a slight bow in the neck, but, some like to have the neck flat. Check the neck relief as you make the small adjustments to the truss rod. What I do for the neck relief on my electric guitars is set the relief to be between .005 to .010 inch from the top of the 8th fret to the bottom of the string above it. I have someone press down on the low E string at the first fret and the last fret on electics(a little different for acoustics), while I check the measurement at the 8th fret. Once you get the neck relief set, then you go to the bridge to set the string height. String height is a personal preferrence, but, if your looking for a good starting point then 4/64" on the low E and 3/64" on the high E. Of course, if the string buzzes on the frets, you may have to raise the string height or look into fret work, nut work, or other issues. At least this hopefully gives you some #'s to use as a starting point and remember they are just #'s. Set it to what you are comfortable with. I do believe it's better to have a slight bow(.005 to .010") in the neck to help control string buzz. Hope this helps and good luck.