I have a 12-string Fender electro-acoustic guitar, and the action is so damn high..
How can I lower it?

here's a picture if it can help
http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0961613006
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
well, obviously you have to take off the strings first, but there should be a truss rod adjuster by the neck inside the soundhole. you can turn that with an allen wrench and it will lower your strings, or make them higher. don't go too far though, because then you'll break the neck. what that actually does is bend the neck, or straighten it out depending which way you turn it.

that's assuming the truss rod adjustment thing is in the soundhole, which is the case fo rmost guitars.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Actually I was about to make a topic on how I can raise it >_<, I just got my dad's acoustic fixed today at the shop, but it seems they did a really crappy job fixing it. First the tuner broke off about a year ago so we finally get it fixed and now the strings are rattling and another tuners is loose. It looks like the action is too high at the bottom of the neck but then so low that it's touching the first 3 or 4 frets at the top of the neck...
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
I would not reccomend changing the truss rod- unless you are straightening the neck. To lower the action, remove your strings and take out the saddle. Sand the bottom of it down- SMALL increments at a time. Then put her back together and see where you are at. If you sand down too much, you can go to a local music shop and they have extra saddles for pretty cheap.

good luck!
Quote by scarefacsuit
well, obviously you have to take off the strings first, but there should be a truss rod adjuster by the neck inside the soundhole. you can turn that with an allen wrench and it will lower your strings, or make them higher. don't go too far though, because then you'll break the neck. what that actually does is bend the neck, or straighten it out depending which way you turn it.

Don't do that. ****ing around with your truss rod isn't the way to go about it. Sand of the bottom of the saddle. Not the curved part the flat part. Go slowly nice even movements and you should be fine