Quote by ZootCst
only if you wear a helmet

+1, you just gotta be safe.
Member of the "Shoop Da Woop" club, PM to Join
No harm will come to you or your gear. The only thing that will suffer is your tone. It's never a good idea to use a guitar distortion on bass, regardless what Cliff Burton did. Guitar distortion pedals tend to roll off the low frequencies so the guitar doesnt sound muddy, and that really kills the tone of the bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by noscottno711
Seriously I don't wanna blow anything out...

Dude, nothing's gonna happen, we were just yanking your... playing with...

joking.
Member of the "Shoop Da Woop" club, PM to Join
No damage will be done. Don't expect to have a good tone, though.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by ZootCst
only if you wear a helmet

I agree. I tried with goggles, they do nothing.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Quote by thefitz
No harm will come to you or your gear. The only thing that will suffer is your tone. It's never a good idea to use a guitar distortion on bass, regardless what Cliff Burton did. Guitar distortion pedals tend to roll off the low frequencies so the guitar doesnt sound muddy, and that really kills the tone of the bass.

it doesn't kill the lows if you up the lows on the pedal and down the mids slightly. i use a metal muff and i can get a really bassy tone out of it
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
2 amps, run distortion through the one of them, not both

sounds better

and no, no harm will come from it
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
Quote by Drmckool
it doesn't kill the lows if you up the lows on the pedal and down the mids slightly. i use a metal muff and i can get a really bassy tone out of it

http://www.digitech.com/products/HotHead.htm <-- there are no mids there. That will kill your bass. I've used a Grunge with my bass (same series) and it totally nixes the bass. I A/B'd my Fulltone against a Metal Muff and the Metal Muff simply didn't have the 30-100Hz kick a bass should. Sure, it had some 250Hz honk, but not the real deal. And besides, this is a medium-gain guitar distortion pedal here, not remotely Metal.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
your right, i don't use the metal muff for metal i use it jsut becasue it was my favorite pedal i tried out when i went to get a distortion
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
yeah usually it's not hat much a problem to use Xpedal thru a bass amp guitar amps are the ones where you have to ask questions about really. you can even run a guitar w/ all it's effects/distortion pedels if you wish thru a bass amp without damageing it
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
I actually have the same query. Is it generally safe for a bass to go through a guitar effects pedal or does it depend on which pedal it is?
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
Quote by MayContainNuts
I actually have the same query. Is it generally safe for a bass to go through a guitar effects pedal or does it depend on which pedal it is?

An effect will never cause physical damage to an amp from 'incompatability'. The only thing that will suffer is the tone.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
An effect will never cause physical damage to an amp from 'incompatability'. The only thing that will suffer is the tone.

It seems so obvious when you say it like that. :|
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours