Next year Ive decided I want to get a new bass. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a bass that sounds good playing Death/Trash Metal. Im trying to keep it in between 100-300 dollars but if you have anything above that, thats cool. Thanks all
I have an early Washburn Bantam 5 string and it is amazing. So i'll definitely recommend one of those.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Trash metal...I hope that's a spelling mistake. It's not a real genre is it? There's so many types of metal that I wouldn't be surprised.
Got Bass?
Quote by DoctrDrew116
Trash metal...I hope that's a spelling mistake. It's not a real genre is it? There's so many types of metal that I wouldn't be surprised.

Its actually a very popular genre.
Metallica, Sepultura, Slayer etc.
I'm not much of a metal fan but isn't that thrash not trash? And thanks for that, I thought it was a really narrow genre of bands just trying to copy Metallica and Megadeth.
Got Bass?
For death metal you can use just about anything - it just depends on the tone you're looking for, but at that budget you're not really going to find much variation lol. I suggest getting a Yamaha RBX 170/270 or if you can up your budget a bit, you can look for a 5 string (Ibanez is good for well priced/good basses).
maybe a dean bass? those dean metalhead basses sound really good for the price... especially if you play with a pick...