Well, as all UGers, i'm having some girl problems. My girlfriend of over 2 years is apparently extremely pissed at me. She told me her birthday was saturday, and i know for a fact her birthday is July 14. So i say ok and hang up the phone and stuff, and go check the calendar. Turns out July 14 is next saturday, so i dont think much of it. Just a party next saturday right? Wrong. Apparently it was today, because she called me all angry and said "You know what today is?" and i say "Uhh, yeah, Saturday." and she said "My birthday party" in an "i'm holding my anger back for later use" type of voice. So i say "What? I thought it was next saturday." and she said "No! I told you earlier it was this saturday!!" and i said "No, you just said Saturday." "YEAH THIS SATURDAY" and then she calmed down a bit and said "Well if you're coming, call me so we can come pick you up." so i say "alright" and hang up quickly, not wanting to argue. Then i look at my best friend's mom and say "apparently my girlfriend's party was today."

A few hours later my girlfriend's sister called (Who bet her mom i wouldn't come) calls me and tries to prank call me and said "Is this Mr.Beckum?" and proceeded to say i left something at Wal-Mart and need to go get it or something. and i said "Wrong number." and my friend goes "HAHAHAHA ARE YOU GETTING A PRANK CALL!? I LOVE PRANK CALLS!! HAHAHAHAHA!! PRANK CALLS ARE SO FUN!!!!" and then she hung up and i'm guessing told my girfriend.

So, what I'm asking is, should i do something to get my girlfriend less angry at me? Or should i shrug it off, considering i thought it was next saturday?

i dont know if this should be in the relationship thread or not. if so i'll delete this and thrown it in there.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by FenderBender45
So you know for a fact that her birthday is the 14th. yet it wasnt?

No, i know for a fact her birthday is the 14th, yet her party was today, the 7th, which is why i didn't know.

her: my party's saturday.

me: (july 14th=saturday) ok.

apparently she had her party a week early, which is why i dont know whether to make it up to her or shrug it off :/
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
you should make it up to her buy her something really nice or something
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

How was the prank call relevant to the story?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
No, i know for a fact her birthday is the 14th, yet her party was today, the 7th, which is why i didn't know.

her: my party's saturday.

me: (july 14th=saturday) ok.

apparently she had her party a week early, which is why i dont know whether to make it up to her or shrug it off :/

You should probably swallow any pride you have and say sorry, whilst explaining you knew her bday was next week so accidently assumed you htought it was that saturday, put it down to you being silly/stupid etc.

I would think thats the best thing to do to keep the realationship healthy...
well not realizing it was a week early is a good enough excuse, but she's your girlfriend, and you should do something to make it up anyway.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
basicly, you ****ed.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Did you send her as many pictures of cats with hilarious captions as you could? I know I get mad when people don't observe Caturday.

Prepare for this to be held against you for a while, but in the mean time, try and make her happy. Do what Ckellingc suggested, she'll probably see through the BS, but you won't be public enemy #1 so much anymore. Definitely apologize for not paying as close attention as you should have been. Start listening to her more. She'll get over it after a while.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
arson?
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Quote by merfsullivan
Did you send her as many pictures of cats with hilarious captions as you could? I know I get mad when people don't observe Caturday.

Prepare for this to be held against you for a while, but in the mean time, try and make her happy. Do what Ckellingc suggested, she'll probably see through the BS, but you won't be public enemy #1 so much anymore. Definitely apologize for not paying as close attention as you should have been. Start listening to her more. She'll get over it after a while.

Ooh, thats nice. I could send her an e-mail with a massive caturday pic collage.

EDIT
Quote by Smokey Amp
How was the prank call relevant to the story?

Well, her sister hates me and i'm sure would willingly take any chance she could to make things worse than they are. :/
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Last edited by IUseAPurplePick at Jul 7, 2007,
you should say your sorry get her someting nice and anything she wants and be extra nice to her and explain what happened
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Well, her sister hates me and i'm sure would willingly take any chance she could to make things worse than they are. :/

By telling you that you left some products at Wallmart?

How would that exacerbate the situation with your girlfriend?

Quote by Captain Insano
Not your Fault. I would shrug it off.

Says the 07er

Say sorry. Bye a nice gift, Pull out the old acustic, write a song. Record it. Burn it to a CD. Give it to her. You'll be okay.
Buy her a really nice present, and explain the misunderstanding to her, face to face.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
Says the 07er

So because he joined a guitar forum in 2007 his opinions on relationships are somehow invalid? You're an idiot.

Besides, I agree with him. The threadstarter shouldn't be buying gifts for his girlfriend every time she gets upset, it's just superficial and materialistic. He only got a date mixed up, it's not like he missed the party. If you're considering buying flowers for your girlfriend because you had a small argument, you're too clingy. A lot of girls hate clingy men.

Yes but He said he was in deep **** already.

EDIT: Never mind no he didn't. But still, its her birthday man. You gotta make that up if you **** it up
Last edited by st.jimmy4091680 at Jul 7, 2007,
you obviously don't have very much experience with girls...you do not get to choose whether or not you "make it up to her" she will hold it over your head until you make it up to her. if your smart you'll get the **** off the computer right now, go buy her some damn flowers and go to her house and give them to her.

idiot...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Well, as all UGers, i'm having some girl problems. My girlfriend of over 2 years is apparently extremely pissed at me. She told me her birthday was saturday, and i know for a fact her birthday is July 14. So i say ok and hang up the phone and stuff, and go check the calendar. Turns out July 14 is next saturday, so i dont think much of it. Just a party next saturday right? Wrong. Apparently it was today, because she called me all angry and said "You know what today is?" and i say "Uhh, yeah, Saturday." and she said "My birthday party" in an "i'm holding my anger back for later use" type of voice. So i say "What? I thought it was next saturday." and she said "No! I told you earlier it was this saturday!!" and i said "No, you just said Saturday." "YEAH THIS SATURDAY" and then she calmed down a bit and said "Well if you're coming, call me so we can come pick you up." so i say "alright" and hang up quickly, not wanting to argue. Then i look at my best friend's mom and say "apparently my girlfriend's party was today."

A few hours later my girlfriend's sister called (Who bet her mom i wouldn't come) calls me and tries to prank call me and said "Is this Mr.Beckum?" and proceeded to say i left something at Wal-Mart and need to go get it or something. and i said "Wrong number." and my friend goes "HAHAHAHA ARE YOU GETTING A PRANK CALL!? I LOVE PRANK CALLS!! HAHAHAHAHA!! PRANK CALLS ARE SO FUN!!!!" and then she hung up and i'm guessing told my girfriend.

So, what I'm asking is, should i do something to get my girlfriend less angry at me? Or should i shrug it off, considering i thought it was next saturday?

i dont know if this should be in the relationship thread or not. if so i'll delete this and thrown it in there.

apologize

that's all you can do

explain what happened and maybe buy her a gift

or be a man and if she doen't accept your apology dump her
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Last edited by Csquared1001 at Jul 7, 2007,
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
Says the 07er

Say sorry. Bye a nice gift, Pull out the old acustic, write a song. Record it. Burn it to a CD. Give it to her. You'll be okay.

What the hell does joining in 2007 have to do with anything? You must feel big since you joined in 2005 eh? I guess all opinions and suggestions by '07ers are void because they're "noobs". Idiot.
Quote by st.jimmy4091680
EDIT: Never mind no he didn't. But still, its her birthday man. You gotta make that up if you **** it up

But he hasn't actually done anything, he just mixed up the dates. It's a simple human error that requires absolutely no apology. Like I said, if he actually missed the party then he should be apologising with flowers, but buying flowers to apologise for making a immaterial, unimportant mistake is pathetic.

If he were to carry on like that, there'd be no relationship left.

Quote by RageAgainst...
you obviously don't have very much experience with girls...you do not get to choose whether or not you "make it up to her" she will hold it over your head until you make it up to her. if your smart you'll get the **** off the computer right now, go buy her some damn flowers and go to her house and give them to her.

idiot...

Well, considering I've been dating this same girl for 2 years i'd think i'd have a nice little pile of experience. I simply needed to have more opinions than my own to see if it really was my fault and if i should do something about it.

By the way, thanks Smokey Amp.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Do what others have suggested; buy her a nice, heartfelt gift, and don't be too coward to admit that you fucked up. Also, I highly suggest you bring her flowers, definitely.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
You should say sorry, and honestly say that you though it wa snext saturday, obviously get her something and write a creative emotional letter for her.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Ok, i'm going to do what merfsullivan said, but i made a massive collage of caturday pics

I'm going to send this to her in e-mail shortly.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
youre her slave for the next..okay i wont lie..forever.
My Gear:
1969 Fender Mustang Reissue
Fender DG-5 Acoustic
Washburn House of Blues
Fender Blues Junior
ProCo Rat Distortion
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
you revived my thread to tell me I'd be her slave for something that happened a week ago?

Can't you see the nice catuday collage? It worked
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig