Is it possible to get a radiused bridge for a regular electric bass to imitate an upright bass (not an electric upright, because I know those sometimes have them)? I was just curious because it sounded like fun, even though I'm pretty sure it'd sound like murder when bowing unless I got flatwounds.
Last edited by Hergiswi at Jul 7, 2007,
Technically, your bridge is already radiused. Seeing that all electric bass fretboards have a radius to them, forcing the saddles to be radiused.

Not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying that it's completely unnessicary, and impractical to raise your action high enough to be able to play with a bow.
Yeah, I didn't think it'd be very practical, but I just needed something to quell my curiosity. Thanks. =P
From what I understand, you can't really bow an electric bass, flatwounds or no. The flatwounds are just too smooth to bow, and roundwounds winding then to be too thick. You should try and get an Ebow and not worry about it at all.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Hergiswi
Is it possible to get a radiused bridge for a regular electric bass to imitate an upright bass (not an electric upright, because I know those sometimes have them)? I was just curious because it sounded like fun, even though I'm pretty sure it'd sound like murder when bowing unless I got flatwounds.

Who do you think you are, Pink Floyd?
just stick with regular or get an upright... trust me, after playing an upright for a while ull LOVE having just a regular bass guitar cause those things are hell to lug around, i have one with a pickup and its really not worth it unless ur deeply into something that really calls for it
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
Yeah, I was thinking of going for an electric upright at some point so I could sort of get the same effect without all the lugging around. Of course, it'll never happen until I move out of this dumb condominium.
Quote by Captain Insano
Who do you think you are, Pink Floyd?

Who do you think you are? someone smart?. The post in the other thread was unnecesary, this is one of the few places at UG that are friendly, don't **** it up.
It actually sounds like an interesting idea to have your fretboard like that so you could bow.

I'm sure that a luthier somewhere out there has experimented with the idea. If you were rich enough, you could commission a piece yourself.
It would probably wreak havoc upon your truss rod.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha