I need a book that will teach me how to read music. I have used tabs for 5 years and now that im learning classical and preparing for college/university, I need to learn. So what one book is the best book for learnign to read. A book that will allow me to master music reading.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Sorry to be rude but if I wanted google, do you think I would've posted a thread looking for a book? I want a book
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
www.musictheory.net

Before you get offended, it might be worth your time to spend 15 minutes looking through the lessons there to see if that's what you're after.

I'm curious, why do you only want a book?
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
I use google + the lessons here and on other sites for most of my theory + technique. I'm sorta looking for a "trainer" to do. Like a book, and go through it slowly practicing site reading... I know all the notes on the staff, I just need a book that I can do a bit of everyday, to get faster. So I'm still looking for a book if anybody can recommend me something? Mybe, im not getting any decent responses cus the majroity of UG cant read music.
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage
Dude, you're planning on going to college... Do yourself a HUGE favour and get a teacher!
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation