Poll: Which tuning do you prefer listening to?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which tuning do you prefer listening to?
E standard
10 67%
Eb 1/2 step down
5 33%
Voters: 15.
This may seem like an odd question, but songs in which tuning do you prefer listening to? Songs tuned in E standard or Eb 1/2 step down? For me, when I listen to some songs tuned in standard, they sound too "poppish", but that's just my opinion.
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
It doesn't matter to me, as long as it sounds good...my main guitar is in E standard so for ease, I like it better, but song wise it doesn't matter...I have one guitar tuned hlaf step down so I jsut switch guitars...

HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I love Eb. Chords just sound so much...I don't know how to describe it...distant, I guess, but I love that sound.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I like having to struggle to bend notes, so standard all the way. That's not to say I don't like things like DADGAD or Open C, but string tension = fun. I can't play on thin or floppy strings, it makes me feel girly.
Quote by bananaboy
I like having to struggle to bend notes, so standard all the way. That's not to say I don't like things like DADGAD or Open C, but string tension = fun. I can't play on thin or floppy strings, it makes me feel girly.

bananaboy, I don't mean as much the string tension as I do the sound of Eb tuning. The sound just sounds "raw" i guess for me. I like it.
Quote by Seryaph
You need to douse it in a 20/30/50 ratio of mustard/ketchup/horseradish and stroke it as fast as you can untill the mayonaise squirts out. Then consume.
Eb definately. I like having lesser string tension. Less tension = being able to bend further without breaking the string.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by hothead69999
bananaboy, I don't mean as much the string tension as I do the sound of Eb tuning. The sound just sounds "raw" i guess for me. I like it.

I actually do really like tuning my acoustic like that, for playing Weezer songs. If I could find some 13's I'd probably tune my electric like that as well, but none of the shops where I live carry anything higher than 12's, and those are flatwound. It's a personal thing though, I can't play loose strings.
STANDARD FTW

even though i have a 7 string...
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.