i would like to get a stingray eventually to round out my collection, i want a holy trinity of basses (Warwick, Rickenbacker, Stingray) but the quieter g really pisses me off as i like to solo alot, so my question is "is it possible to get all the strings to the same volume". this question will make or break me purchasing one. this is becasue i love the playability but i need all the strings at the same volume

another question i have is how are the 5's compared to the 4's
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I could be wrong, but I believe that a compressor pedal will get everything to the same volume.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
awsome, but is there anythign else like adjusting the pickup that'd be permanent
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Oh, I didn't think about that. You could probably raise the G side a little bit, but I'm not sure exactly how well it'll work. I've only used Stingrays a few times, and I never noticed that problem.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Advice from John Swift:
Quote by John Swift
Why not put on a heavier gauge I use a .055 for my G string, in the 60s .054 was the standard Fender G string, a .055 gives more punch than todays standard .045 Forgot to say I put a heavier gauge on the D as well.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by Sid McCall
I could be wrong, but I believe that a compressor pedal will get everything to the same volume.

Correct. I think this would be the easiest way to solve this problem (if you have a compression pedal).
Quote by DesolationRow0
i think an EQ pedal would help as well..

Not particularly - it will boost/cut all strings (some more than others).
no, because it has boosts and cuts.........you could boost the higher frequencies and cut a little on the lows
Quote by DesolationRow0
no, because it has boosts and cuts.........you could boost the higher frequencies and cut a little on the lows

But why the hell do you think the EQ on your amp affects the sound of ALL of your strings? It's because the strings have not only the fundemental frequency, but even more. Physics is your friend.
It's only on the Stingray 4, so what you can do is...

1) Stingray 5 - Has a different pickup than the Stingray, no silent G
2) Sterling - If you like 4 strings, it's got a different pickup so it does everything well, and since you like to solo it has one more fret
3) BONGO - NO quiet spot anywhere on that bass. And 24 frets.
haha