Like, right now I'm writing a song, and the first draft of the lyrics were kind of a poppy song about my local music scene, and since I didn't really think that was a good subject to care about, I put it on the backburner. The second draft was some weird ditty that wasn't completely coherent. So right now I'm listening to Sufjan Stevens. Somehow listening to this guy immediately just gives me ideas for songs.
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Cherry Sunburst)/Alvarez Acoustic/Electric cutaway
Amp - Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30W
Effects - Boss OS2/Boss DD6 Digital Delay/Digitech RP50

lost city radio. (acoustic)

Songs
Substance and Color
For lyrical inspiration I look at the news for a political song, or think about life or whatever, like I would guess anyone does.

Listening to any local band or to some Nine Inch Nails makes me go "damn I should go write a song!" I don't really know why, just does.
Ryan Martinie
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Steve Vai never fails me. Way much more than a simple source of inspiration.
Kurt Cobain, he could take a simple pop song and redefine a genre with it
Quote by CousticStrangla
I know I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder too.

Quote by Raz_Steroid
So you're a Transformer?
There's this guy called Jimmy Hendicks or something who's quite inspirational, I feel.

(Misspelling is intentional)
Luca Turilli; if ever I don't feel like playing, he gets me going
Every time you sit down to "practice" without a metronome, God kills a kitten.
con-effing-grats.

Tmesis. Neat.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.