so i just got a pocket pod for my birthday and i love the tones i'm getting but i really want to record with it. i have audacity but i dont want to record through my mic so is there a different way? thanks
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
first me on the pocket pod "..."
now on recording, i think you can plug it in to the comp but i think thats only witht he regular pods.
no wait get a 1/8" to 1/4" cable and plug it into the back of the computer through the pod's headphone jack
I don't like as i lay dying
well theres a usb cable that runs from the pod to the computer, but i dont know what to do to record..
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
I had a go though the FAQ and found this

Does Pocket POD pass audio over the USB cable?

Pocket POD is a class compliant USB MIDI device, but does not pass audio over USB. Pocket POD does come with a USB to USB Mini cable connection jack that will allow you to interface with Vyzex, Line 6's deep editing software, but it will not allow you to record over USB.

so... set it up like so:

http://line6.com/pocketpod/ins_outs.html

Using a Stereo 1/4" to 1/8" cable go from the "Direct Out/Phones" port to your blue line in port on your computer. If you dont have a blue line in you can turn the pod down a little lower to cut back on clipping and use your computers mic port.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Live-Wire-Mini-TRSTRS-Cable?sku=330484
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 8, 2007,
semi off topic.. how does that pocket pod sound? and what sorta features?

i'm pretty sure i'm still getting a pod XT.. just curious about the pocket is all
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I'm sure both sound good but the XT will have many more features and probably a little better sound.

I have heard a few guys around here have the pocket pod so I'm hoping they will put some recordings up soon.
The line 6 site and MF.com dont seem to have any audio up yet either...
Yeah, im getting pretty interested in this lil beast. I can see it being really handy, and its well cheap.

Can someone post some clips of it? Or even post some of the settings and shii?
so i got the 1/4 - 1/8 adapter, but is there supposed to be a 1/4 jack in the back of my computer? im really confused. lol
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
Quote by Bodomizer
so i got the 1/4 - 1/8 adapter, but is there supposed to be a 1/4 jack in the back of my computer? im really confused. lol

No the computer should have a 1/8 input. You plug your cable coming out of the Pod which is 1/4 into the 1/4 end on the adapter and then you plug the 1/8 end into your computer and record with it. Your probably not going to get a very good sound however so I would suggest micing your amp over going direct like that. Typically direct doesnt sound well but the Pod XT Live actually records the best direct that ive heard so far. But still it doesnt compare to micing your amp with a good ole SM57.
Check Out:Stack Of Noises
My SoundClick

Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Rectoverb
American Fender Limited Edition
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Professional Rhoads EX EMGs
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
eeh. well right now i have a cable coming from the 'amp out' and thats whats going into my computer. now, do i plug that into the mic slot or the blue one next to it? lol now what do i do different in audacity then when i used to mic it? thanks.
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
I think the blue one is the line in input so plug the adapter into that one. Then just hit record like you normally would with your mic and you should be set to go.
My SoundClick

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
well you can choose Stereo Mix, Mono Out, Phone, Line In, Microphone, and CD Player. And for everyone i've tried, it really messes up when i try to record a 2nd track...
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
Ive never used audacity but I'm guessing that it asks you what input your in to record with and so if you plugged in the blue port you want to select Line In.
My SoundClick

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2