I currently have a LP Studio and I cant stand the thing. Ive spend hundreds having it repaired, and it still doesnt serve its purpose properly. So I've given up on it, and I'm now looking for a proper professional guitar. I need something with good tuning stability and tough. I would spend upto about 1200£ on it. I've been look alot at ibanezes but I'm not sure which ones I should be trying, because I've been told with ibanez you cant really judge them on price. suggestions please, thnx
with £1200 you could get yourself an ESP M - II or a Good RGT220A Ibanez

All depends on Personal Preference really.
I'd go ibanez
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
We need more specifications- trem or not, how many frets, body shape, etc.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
um...locking trem, 22 frets is all I need. Im not to worried about shape, but something like an esp eclipse would be preferable
an S would suit you more I guess, just try out an RG Prestige to be sure...

and also, DO NOT bother with the S Prestiges... they are made in Korea like the normal S's so it's like just buying it for the Quilt Maple or something...
Quote by godofshred
try a j custom RG from ikbe gakki in japan or ishibashi, fantastic guitars

some of those guitars look unbelievable. http://www.jemsite.com/jcustom/jpn_jc_2001/rg1880/index.htm that would be heaven for me. to bad u dont seem to be able to get them in the UK

Does anyone know if the prestige RGs are much better than the standards. Is it just a difference in pickups ?
Tom Erak plays an ESP Viper Standard. Very good guitar with EMG 81/60s in it.

If you don't know who that is, I feel sorry for you.

ESPs are probably where you should be headed with that much money. Nicer Ibbys would work as well.
Quote by Def
some of those guitars look unbelievable. http://www.jemsite.com/jcustom/jpn_jc_2001/rg1880/index.htm that would be heaven for me. to bad u dont seem to be able to get them in the UK

Does anyone know if the prestige RGs are much better than the standards. Is it just a difference in pickups ?

you can

get them from ikebe gakki, they sell to the uk, for around £1200 inc. shipping!
Quote by aleister
Tom Erak plays an ESP Viper Standard. Very good guitar with EMG 81/60s in it.

If you don't know who that is, I feel sorry for you.

ESPs are probably where you should be headed with that much money. Nicer Ibbys would work as well.

No he doesn't, he plays a Gibson LP Doublecut. He used to play an LTD Viper-400 before that. And I don't really think they're tech/math metal.