i recently posted a thread about this but i cant find it now and i have a few new questions. i play metal like children of bodom, pantera, metallica and stuff and i want really good distortion but also good cleans. i was considering a randall 50 watt tube combo, but someone suggested the B-52 as well, so i was wondering since theyre about the same price range, is the stealth series or the AT series better?
also if i could somehow save enough money to get a (possibly used) Marshall JCM2000 or a Mesa Dual rectifier, would it be a huge step up and should i do that instead?
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
You could look an ebay for a used 5150/6505 combo- probably one of the best metal amps and the worst everything else amps.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Well, what's your max to spend? You should try a Boogie Mark IV or maybe a DC-5. The JCM2000s are okay, but I think they're a bit too bright for what you want. To me, they're hard rock amps, not metal amps. And Rectos are overrated, IMO.
Hi, I'm Peter