This is my band, we're ska. The recordings are good quality. I'm the guitarist. The link is in my sig. What do you guys think?
well written, well recorded. flute if im not mistaken?unfortunately dont really see that much in ska, but its definetely a cool sound. what exactly does your horn section consist of? great job, your bands very good.
ehh
Thanks guys.

skaguitarist53, we have a trumpet, tenor sax, and, you guessed it, a flute. Also, in "To Speak Of This Evil", our lead singer/rythym guitarist plays a soprano sax solo.
Brilliant song writing, I love the way all the vocals / horn / flute(?) are mixed in together and it sounds awesome. Only thing I can mention is tightening it up a bit. Not in the sense of over producing it, but to just get everyone in sync to the structure. I noticed the horn/flute were off a bit, and thats all practice. It does sound great right now, and I don't know what you guys' direction is, but that's just what I'd do. Also, you have some great strumming patterns on the guitar, and those solos fit in really well.

Just a question: Did you have a hard time starting up this band? Me and my bassist buddy have been trying to find a couple people to play sax/trumpet or whatever, but there seems to be no one who actually plays, just people in school bands and such.Plus, ska is dead in this town, it's all crappy death metal and hardcore kids running around punching each other in the face.
Quote by JohnnyGoSka
Just a question: Did you have a hard time starting up this band? Me and my bassist buddy have been trying to find a couple people to play sax/trumpet or whatever, but there seems to be no one who actually plays, just people in school bands and such.Plus, ska is dead in this town, it's all crappy death metal and hardcore kids running around punching each other in the face.

Well that's kind of a complex answer, haha. Blame It On Austin started as a side project, and we've gone through about 736027983271087823 different members. However, the band that it was a side project from was also a ska band, and they already had fans, so people were eager to join this band. Overall, I'd say it wasn't that hard. I can't really say, though, because I joined the band while it had already been together for a year and a half. I'd say look for people in the school band, that's pretty much what we did.
**** man I loved it!! I'v been trying to start up a ska band but I've been having trouble finding a drummer who likes ska and it's basically impossible to find any horn players in my town. There was only one thing i didn't like sometimes the vocals were a bit whiny and not aggresive enough but still very good. Thanks for critting mine peace out
With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM
Quote by JohnnyGoSka

haha, same here. Dont know where in ontario you're from, but Ottawa has a tiny (but awesome & supportive) ska following compared to hardcore.... damn scene kids ruining our fun. my sax player is in her school band as is every horn player i know, but only like 1 in 10 are interested in playing in bands, and theyre usually pretty timid. Finding a devoted horn player is a bitch, but don't give up. You'll find somebody (providing you're not from the Valley, but no disrespect if you are )

www.myspace.com/dirty30smusic
you guys are really great. things i could say is that levels were a bit off in the recordings like on vocals and i guess the guitar distortion tone could be a little less fuzzy? Hardly noticable because the music is really good. Good job guys =]
the flute is bitchin,

and its nice to see this many people talking about theyre ska bands... THE SUMMER OF SKA RETURNS (i wish)
ehh