What are some? I'm guessing Boss is pretty good but i want to get some other peoples opinions on good EQ pedals. My budget is about $120. Thanks.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
MXR 6-band or 10-band EQ. i have the 6-band, it has hiss... but hey it boosts the signal so yea. they're both good.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I'd definitely recommend the MXR 10 band (the m-108). I own one and it really lets me shape the tone for whatever I'm playing (usually either metal or blues). I haven't compared it to the MXR 6-band, but I have with the Boss EQ and in my opinion the MXR is superior (in terms of construction, sound, and flexibility).
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (EMG 81/85)
Peavey 6505+
old Marshall 4x12
ISP decimator
MXR 10-band equalizer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Foxx Clean Machine
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Small Stone
member, electro-harmonix users' guild
I have a DOD FX-40B EQ pedal. Not the best in the world I know but very good for the money! Tom Morello and a few other guitarists use them!
Epiphone Korina Explorer

Marshall DSL 50 with 1960 cab

Ibanez DFL Flanger
Behringer Delay
DOD FX40B EQ
MXR Envelope Filter
Boss TR-2 Tremelo
Well, i was on the internet for a long time looking up the MXR 10 band and everybody said it was good but other people said that it lacked some crusial control, i had one person said that it shorted out on him and other people said it's not very versatile. I'm just wondering if all that is true, except maybe the whole shorting out thing.

Also, there's two kinds of 10-bands. There's one that has a fire design on it and one that is just plain but the "fire" one is twenty dollars more. I think it's called the KFK. Is there any difference between the two?

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
mxr KK 10band, cheaper and the same as the normal ten band just with an extra output
Ok, well just more question and I'll be on my way.

I read a review of this that if you only use it in fron tof your amp, it won't give you good tonal control and that an fx loop would fix that. Since i don't have an fx loop on my amp and i really don't want to buy a pedal for it, would it actually do much for my sound?

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
I use one infront of my plexi and it makes a ton of difference..
if you're using a dist/OD pedal, remember to plug the EQ pedal after it .

look into the AMT electronics 7-band EQ, its cheap, doesn't make any noise, and it's true bypass .