my Fat E string sometimes makes like a raspy sound when i pick it. does this mean i should change my strings?
like raspy or like muted or fuzzy?
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
It's likely buzzing.

Are you playing an acoustic or an electric?
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
i dont know how old the strings are cause i bought it from some kid really all i can tell u is that its a washburn BT-2 (maverick series).

as far as the sound its like a buzzing noise if that explains it better (not plugged in the amp, it doesnt out put the noise from the amp)
its probably a problem with like the string like towards the 7th 8th or 9th fret with the bridges cus it might bend the string a little bit. i think thats what your talking about cus it happened with my strat
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Well, if it is buzzing you may you want to go have your guitar set up. They adjust truss rod, intonation, restring it, and do all that other good stuff for you and I believe it costs around $30-40.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by tlohrmann13
its probably a problem with like the string like towards the 7th 8th or 9th fret with the bridges cus it might bend the string a little bit. i think thats what your talking about cus it happened with my strat

its acually on the open string when i makes the buzz
Is it not like really really really out of tune, and the strings are mad-loose? Lol.

Other than that I dunno, pretty much a n00b myself

The only issue I have is a bit of fret buzz, when I have the spare cash Im'ma go get mine set up like Op3th said. Might be worth getting some new strings and getting it set up anyways seeing as you bought it second hand off someone, you know?

-sc00t
oh thats bad
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
What type of guitar are you playing...just wondering.

If the string is buzzing while being played in the open postion I would just raise the action ever so slightly...this can be doen by slightly raising one side of the bridge posts where the low E is located.

I wouldnt be to scared to adjust your guitar...just remember where you started from and if it doesnt work out just put it back the way it was.
Quote by D_Vincent
What type of guitar are you playing...just wondering.

If the string is buzzing while being played in the open postion I would just raise the action ever so slightly...this can be doen by slightly raising one side of the bridge posts where the low E is located.

I wouldnt be to scared to adjust your guitar...just remember where you started from and if it doesnt work out just put it back the way it was.

washburn bt-2 maverick series
im having the exact same problem on a brand new esp ltd viper. the open string makes this metallic kinda shaky sounds like the string is really loose. idk but it annoys me!
PROUD OWNER OF AN ESP LTD VIPER

4TH Member of the "Rock n Roll will never die and if it does, im dure as hell gonna bring it back"Club. PM PedalBoard to join

Quote by Shredder6
CC Deville Take your love with cuthroat6654 OUT of my thread
Im looking for pics of the bridge on google images however i cant find a close up of the washburn bt-2 maverick series...do you have a digital camera and can you take a pick of the guitar bridge and post it...thanks

Also if the Low E is buzzing you need to check the nut...I had a problem like this once and the guitar nut was cracked underneath where the string was...needs to be checked.
Last edited by D_Vincent at Jul 8, 2007,
Quote by D_Vincent
Im looking for pics of the bridge on google images however i cant find a close up of the washburn bt-2 maverick series...do you have a digital camera and can you take a pick of the guitar bridge and post it...thanks

Also if the Low E is buzzing you need to check the nut...I had a problem like this once and the guitar nut was cracked underneath where the string was...needs to be checked.

ill try to take a pic but my comp sucks so dont know if the program for the camera will work on it.
i found a pic of the exact same guitar but how do i post it on here? i forgot how to do the image tag things
You can use image shack

click browse...find the pic...upload...then copy and paste code into forum...use the one for forum at the bottom of page after pic is uploaded at image shack.

http://imageshack.us/