i just bought a new 7 string a couple of weeks ago, and i really like the idea of extended range. looking at an 8 string has started to interest me a bit. this really isnt a serious inquiry as i wont be able to spend money on one in the near future on account of saving for college. but is ibanez the only company with a production 8 string model out right now? i have found others but the seem to be more of a hybrid bass/guitar more than a mainstream instrument.

any pics/links would be great. and price doesnt really matter right now.
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
As far as I know, Ibanez has the only production 8-string that isn't a bass/guitar hybrid thing like you mentioned. I'd say start looking into custom shop work, that way even if you pay a bit more, you get exactly the specs you want, rather than going with a production 8-string if it's not exactly what you want.
Black machine made them before Ibanez, but I'm not sure if you can buy them normally. I have a feeling they're custom.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
www.darkwaterguitars.com
or google dark water guitars

im sure u can get him to make you a nice custom one!
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Quote by CanCan
Doesn't Dean produce a Rustey Cooly 8 string?

I thought that was a 7-string?

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
Rustey cooley's 8 string is conklin custom shop i believe, but as for regular 8 strings....you would have to wait for the ibanez production 8 to be released or go down the custom route.
Halo has the octavia, but you can get any halo guitar made into an 8 string for 99$ per string.
Quote by watchingmefall
This isn't happening, this isn't happening. (curls up in a ball and mutters something undecypherable)

Quote by Mike!
I just smoked a massive searchblunt yesterday...
Quote by Metallica708
I thought that was a 7-string?

Possibly, but he endorses Dean and has an 8 string.... I took a shot. :p
anything lower than an A on guitar is TOO DAMN LOW ALREADY.....why not just buy a bass and be done with it?
Quote by melchia
anything lower than an A on guitar is TOO DAMN LOW ALREADY.....why not just buy a bass and be done with it?

E is TOO DAMN LOW ALREADY! Why not play a guitar tuned up?
i would recommend a piano or a Conklin.

Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Nevborn
Halo
Blackmachine
Ibanez

Those are the ones that come to mind.