If I am putting a Humbucker in my strat, by the way its a SSS, but I am just going to put 1 humbucker in it and take out the singles. I have the single humbucker pickguard already, but my question was should I change the 250k volume pot to a 500k?
My Gear:
Black ESP LTD EC-1000
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey XXX 40
Boss NS-2
Well bro...my father & I both play & his Day-Job is as an EXTREMELY experienced High-Level Electrical Engineer (he's 52 Years-Old now and I am 22 Years-Old right now) & I've Picked up a Real Lot of Electrical Engineering Knowledge from him in my life (He's been doing it since long before I was born & he put himself through College with his Guitar by playing gigs & ****....& I Picked that up from him, starting at age two...) I've been Building Guitars for like 4-Years now (I Have between 13 & 17 different guitars 5 of which are Ones that I'm comfortable playing/happy with & therefore those don't get Disassembled and Bastardized with parts of other different disassembled guitars....& my MAIN concern about this project that you described in the thread...is Wheather the Stratocaster Body in Question here cam STOCK Routed for 3 Single Coil Pickups or Routed to Accept one or More Humbuckers & If the Body is FULLY -Routed....& If It's Fully Routed then I Pretty Much DEMAND (LOL) that you Build one with 3 Humbuckers & that you wire the pickups to have the ability to turn all 3 Humbuckers on at the SAME TIME. If you Have to Route it for a Humbucker to fit, it's not worth it....just buy a Body that's already been routed to accept it on eBay or something....otherwise I Suggest Enlarging the Holes that are allready there with a Dremel....
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
^What the hell? Don't listen to this guy. I can't bother to read his crap.

Is your guitar routed for a humbucker in the bridge, though?
If so, you'll be good to go.

You can still use 250K pots. Using 500K ones might brighten up the single coils way too much. You can maybe just use 500K pots, and place a 200K resistor across the end lugs, for a resistance of something like 330K. Which is a good middle ground for both.
Of its only going to be a humbucker, than yes, change the pot to 500 k.
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
[quote="forsaknazrael]^What the hell? Don't listen to this guy. I can't bother to read his crap.
Is your guitar routed for a humbucker in the bridge, though?
If so, you'll be good to go.

You can still use 250K pots. Using 500K ones might brighten up the single coils way too much. You can maybe just use 500K pots, and place a 200K resistor across the end lugs, for a resistance of something like 330K. Which is a good middle ground for both.

Lol. that gave me a good laugh.

But i think he said he only wanted a humbucker in the bridge. If so then you should probably just use 500k's unless you like forsaknazreals idea with the resistors.

If your guitar isnt routed for a hum in the bridge then your gunna have to do that, or put in a stacked hum.
I am going to be putting a Duncan Custom Custom in it, and yes the body is routed for a humbucker in the bridge position, where do I get a volume pot at?
My Gear:
Black ESP LTD EC-1000
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey XXX 40
Boss NS-2
What exactly is a course knurled shaft?
My Gear:
Black ESP LTD EC-1000
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey XXX 40
Boss NS-2
Oh ok I understand now, thanks.