I'm not a bassist, but I'm just really interested - after recently seeing an 11 string bass, what on earth woudl the tuning be?!
I remember seeing some guy playing the super mario theme on a 11-string bass(if I remember the number of strings correctly)
Quote by CollinPlaysBass
why does everybody that plays a bass have to know the super mario theme.

When did this happen?
Quote by bungshal
When did this happen?

At 10:43 apparently.

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

You aren't really supposed to play a bass like that 'normally'. Those 11-strings are touchstyle basses in that you play them very similarly to a piano. The also have the thickest strings in the middle of the neck, so when you play it touchstyle, the higher notes are towards the end of the fingerboard, and the notes get lower as each hand works it's way up the neck.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-PRO-TENNESSEE-BRAND-10-STRING-ELECTRIC-BASS_W0QQitemZ190121910744QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem <-- This is a 10-string bass meant to play fingerstyle, although I think it's a bit excessive.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
You aren't really supposed to play a bass like that 'normally'. Those 11-strings are touchstyle basses in that you play them very similarly to a piano. The also have the thickest strings in the middle of the neck, so when you play it touchstyle, the higher notes are towards the end of the fingerboard, and the notes get lower as each hand works it's way up the neck.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-PRO-TENNESSEE-BRAND-10-STRING-ELECTRIC-BASS_W0QQitemZ190121910744QQihZ009QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem <-- This is a 10-string bass meant to play fingerstyle, although I think it's a bit excessive.

Um no, that's just a regular 11 string bass that you can play just like a four string bass. You are thinking of a Chapman Stick that has the lower strings in the center of the neck.
Quote by CollinPlaysBass
I dont know the tuning but i know that it has all the notes of the Piano. Thats a poopin video but why does everybody that plays a bass have to know the super mario theme. Its just dumb.

A 4 string bass has all the notes of a piano did you mean all the possible octaves that the piano has too?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by thefitz

Ew, that 10 string would have such bad intonation with the nut/frets/bridge not slanted. The dude in the video has one with slants. he is pro.
Quote by thefitz

lets nitpick, i'm bored

New 10 String Electric Bass

Ok, nothing wrong there.

Rose Wood Fret Board With 24 Frets.

Rose Wood. Rose[space]wood? whats that?

Smooth Great Feel Maple Neck.

Opinions suck. Great feel? its a OAR!

Two Over Sized Large Tennessee Brand Bass Pick Ups. Provide Great Sound.

I wouldn't trust anything named after an American state. sorry.

Rose Wood Bridge Fully Adjustable.

Looks like a wooden tune-o-matic to me. how the hell do you change the action individually?!
Chrome Tennessee Brand Tuning Gears Hold Sweet Ten String Bass Tune.

2 Truss Rods In Each Neck.

...What? it could just say 2 truss rods, rather than implying it has more than one neck!

Control Knobs Are As Follows Two Chrome Volume Knobs And Three Chrome Tone Knobs.

wait, whats the point of having such a pickup layout again?

Overall Length Of Bass is Just Under 47" Inches And At The Top Of Nut Across Fret Board its 3"1/4 Inches.Has Very Good Feel.

I haven't had 47" in a long time.

Two Chrome Tuning Pegs.

Shouldn't it have ten?

Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
To Indie:

If you find that stuff funny, you should check out their other auctions. They pretty much have a generic description for all items, and they fill in the blanks. And they pretty much all end with "Perfect for the Average to Advanced Player" line... even on thier 5-neck guitar.

EDIT: About the control layout... my guess is they're cheap and opted against putting in an active preamp, but left it cut for one. I have a similar quality 8-string bass, and it has 2 identical tone knobs. About the 10 string: I loved how they put the pickups to makeshift a P-Bass pickup. You better have both pickups on at all times, otherwise you won't be able to hear all the notes.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Jul 8, 2007,