Hi guys,

A new wave of bands appeared some years ago and I want your opinion on them. These bands play Avant-garde Metal. On UG, we dont find a lot of tabs of them and I want to let you discover them... The most awesome is probably Unexpect, a Montreal made band.

Some other bands wich play avant-garde metal : Stolen Babies, Dodheimsgard, InseCT, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Augury, Sleepytime gorilla Museum.

The End Records is the label who have the biggest list of these bands.

P.S.: The only band that have tabs on UG is Stolen Babies and 2 of them was made by me.
DHG is Avant-Garde?
Hi

Quote by iceman95
Fiddler is a god!!!! omg that's a good movie
I think so...

But the real threath is why is here no more tabs on these bands!
Last edited by Bassman366 at Jul 8, 2007,
Bassman, if you like Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, you should check out Idiot Flesh. It's got some of the members from SGM. Also, Mr. Bungle is always a good recommendation.
Unfathomable_bo and lots of other users took precious time and sweat off their lives to create the ultimate recomendation thread and you can't even glance at it.. Take a look there, it has ALL the useful information.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
Unfathomable_bo and lots of other users took precious time and sweat off their lives to create the ultimate recomendation thread and you can't even glance at it.. Take a look there, it has ALL the useful information.

I don't think he's looking for recs. It seems like he's either introducing us to those bands, or he's asking why there aren't many tabs of them on the site. To which I will reply:

Sigh and Time of Orchids are both awesome too

and

There's probably not a lot of tabs because 1) the bands are relatively underground (from the point of view of the public) and 2) tabbing, say, an unexpect song has got to be crazy with all the stuff they throw into one song.
Quote by insideac
I think the best Avant Garde metal band is uneXpecT

They always come here every so often but I can't see them because it's always bar shows but everyone says they're amazing live
Quote by XBodomX
They always come here every so often but I can't see them because it's always bar shows but everyone says they're amazing live

Oh, you live in canada...YOURE SO LUCKY. Yeah, they are extremely sick.
Quote by insideac
Oh, you live in canada...YOURE SO LUCKY. Yeah, they are extremely sick.

Hahaha uneXpect and Augury come here like every few months and play at the bar.
I've heard one of the uneXpect albums and it was amazing. Not an extremly huge fan of Augury though, good but nothing to amazing I find.
Quote by Clownmite
I don't think he's looking for recs. It seems like he's either introducing us to those bands, or he's asking why there aren't many tabs of them on the site. To which I will reply:

Sigh and Time of Orchids are both awesome too

and

There's probably not a lot of tabs because 1) the bands are relatively underground (from the point of view of the public) and 2) tabbing, say, an unexpect song has got to be crazy with all the stuff they throw into one song.

Ya, it was the reason why I started this threath... I know these bands are not very populars but WHY? They are SO good and only a few people know their existence! That is something I don't understand... Maybe it's why we call that "Avant-garde" because they will be more popular in a few years, what you think about that?

P.S.: And, yes, unexpecT is really the best Avant-garde metal band ever, I saw them two times (release of In a Flesh Aquarium and the 10th anniversary of the band) on stage and they are as sick as on their albums!
uneXpect, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and Diablo Swing Orchestra are my favs
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Arcturus ain't that bad either.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
My favorites avant-garde metal band so far is Sigh. I have their "Hail Horror Hail" album, and I love it.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I'm really liking what I've heard from UneXpect so far and I think I'll be buying In a Flesh Aquarium soon. Some other avant-garde bands I like though I'm not certain of the avant-gardness of some of them are Gorguts, Arcturus, Diabolical Masquerade, Negativa, Solefald and Augury.
Arcturus' last album is pwnagio, Augury is pwnagio, so are Gorguts, and so are UneXpect.
I've found Jesus
Quote by Bassman366

Try too Profugus Mortis and Cryptik Howling, two other band from Quebec wich are awesome!

+1. I completely forgot about Profugus Mortis, but I don't remember them being avante-garde. Never heard of Cryptik Howling though. I might check it out.
I've found Jesus
I was thinking of listing Profugus Mortis but I wasn't sure whether or not I'd classify them as avant-garde. I'm seeing them and UneXpect pretty soon though. I'm glad I live near Toronto. I'm also seeing Quo Vadis and Negativa ("post-gorguts band") on August 1st
Quote by Contraband
+1. I completely forgot about Profugus Mortis, but I don't remember them being avante-garde. Never heard of Cryptik Howling though. I might check it out.

Na, Profugus Mortis and Cryptik howling are not avant-garde, just said that in the mind of quebec awesome bands...

Also, Morgul is awesome and I think we can catorize it in avant-garde metal, no? Jack D Ripper use violons and uncommons sounds and instuments
^^ thanks for the link mate. Arcturus, Diablo Swing Orchestra and UneXpect are my favourites in the realm of Avant-Garde Metal. Mr Bungle also has some wicked songs. Would you call Cynic Avant-Garde? Either way, they kick ass too.

Edit: Awe, that site doesn't have bands on it yet: "Here you will find profiles of avant-garde metal bands and artists soon..."
Yes, that Site is very new. So some sections still are closed. But they've already got lots of interesting bands in the "reviews"-section.

They have updates each sunday. So I am sure it will fill with more weird bands pretty fast.
i can't believe nobody's mentioned celtic frost yet. to mega therion and into the pandemonium both = win
hello
Quote by Inno_a_Satana
i can't believe nobody's mentioned celtic frost yet. to mega therion and into the pandemonium both = win
+1
Quote by Kepulix
uneXpect, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and Diablo Swing Orchestra are my favs

Bleh, my taste has significantly changed since this
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.