Hi everyone!
I guess I am new to the UG forums and to guitar (been playing for around 3 1/2 months), and I have started playing some of my favorite songs, some of which are Led Zeppelin songs. I got a songbook, but the thing is that it has no solos. Here's the book I bought, just in case you were wondering:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_alfred_led_zeppelin_complete?full_sku=100020537

It actually confused me for a bit (I kept looking through the entire book for the solos), but then I just figured out there weren't any... which ind of makes me sad, because I bought a somewhat half-assed book for $25. Can anyone recommend me a good Led Zeppelin book that has complete solos? Thanks!
haha i bought the same thing as u a while back and i was pissed

but if u want someting like there greatest hits jsut get the early days tab book or later days but im not sure if they have that

or u can a tab book for jsut an album

and if its from hal leonard its pretty acurate i would say
no
well.... there are recorded solos. but here's the thing, half the time jimmy page didn't play the same solos live as he recorded. that's what made him so great, is his improvisational talent.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Quote by bite_the_bullet
well.... there are recorded solos. but here's the thing, half the time jimmy page didn't play the same solos live as he recorded. that's what made him so great, is his improvisational talent.

^****ing rite

well i think that books good, i alsmost bought it but i needed other things

and i would go look through the tab book before buying it

and wat songs do u want to play
no
Years ago it was easy to find good Zep tab...cant stand those easy tab type of books...i used to have a bunch old zep tabs however I recently sold over 1000 songs in tab by various artists because Im writing my own music now.

I have 2 songs posted here if you want to take a look at them to tie you over until you buy a book...I might have a few more Zeppelin tabs still kicking somewhere.

Ramble on...the whole song
good times bad times...solo only
Stairway...just the acoustic part...I didnt post the lead because i couldnt find it.

http://1000watts.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=GUITARTABS2
Last edited by D_Vincent at Jul 9, 2007,
Ok, I just got a new book today. It is the Alfred Led Zeppelin Classics book with authentic Guitar tabs, including solos and a guitar tablature. Seems a bit advanced, but hey, I guess I am going to need to learn the stuff sooner or later, right?
And the two Zeppelin songs I am focusing on right now are Black Dog (got everything down except the solo) and Stairway To Heaven (have the solo memorized, plus a bit of the intro, but need to sync the notes a bit better with the rhythm of the song itself). But after I finish that, I am going to have a try at getting Crazy Train down. I have been listening to it like crazy (no pun intended), and I think it would be awesome to play. Maybe I should play something a bit easier...