I just got an Epiphone G-400 and a Vox AD30VT and they sound great. In my room they are perfect.

Si I bring them to our jam spot and its not nearly loud neouhg wher eI had it, even maxing it.
So I turn the poweroutput up to get volume and, to be as loud as the other amp there (a Crate 30watt, same power control as my amp but its so much louder) and sto be heard over the drums I needed it hella-high. At that height, absically to be heard, I got horrible feedback.

So I get pissed. I'm like "w**** it doeesnt work." and we try through this shechter diamond series with diff pickups and it works fine. I try through another amp and there isnt feedback but the buzz/hum is more present.

We tested it at my house and if you put your hand over either of the pickups with the volume on at a certain volume it was just horrible. and at that the sound quality was mid-par at high volumes

So is this the pickups? Will changing the pockups help the sound and stop the feedback?
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
the pickups are giving off microphonic feedback, either get better qaulity pickups or get a noise gate so that it stops any sound from the amp interfering with the pickups when ur not playing
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
well what arre the standard pickups in the G-400 and what would be recommended in a decent price-range for stuff like in my signature and then the occasional metal 9im in like a hardocre/metal band its more hardcore esque but ya get what i mean eh?)
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
check these brands out, there good for heavier music

seymour duncan
bareknuckle
emg

check there sites out
sorta range for a decent set off humbuckers is from about £60 upwards
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe