How do I get the tone in this video starting at 3:48?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1oORYi8Now
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
thats mostly the double bass drum covering the bass...... but its nothing special, i think you could find it in your fingers..... he just plays harder from that part on, maybe he got pissed ahah...
OK. More details, Settings? Distorion? Overdrive?
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez
mayb give up with bass an buy a real guitar one the screams instead of this gay dooo bbmmmm dmmmm bbbmmmm brrrmmmmm buhmmm di dmmmmm
Quote by THE PIGMAN
mayb give up with bass an buy a real guitar one the screams instead of this gay dooo bbmmmm dmmmm bbbmmmm brrrmmmmm buhmmm di dmmmmm

That earns a report methinks. No? And let me listen here... Okay well you'll definitely want a lot of lows and some highs with middling mids. That should work.

(I reported your post PIG).
To me, most of what you're hearing is the bass player playing with the kick drum and the kick drum taking over (my God... since when does that happen in metal!?!?!?!?!?!?!). To my ear, that sounds like some sort of Precision or neck pickup.

Is it just me, or do so many of those types of bands have bass players that literally only play when the bass drum plays?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Yeah, they are supposed to work together, but that doesnt mean that the bass should blindly do exactly what the drums do. I think that's such a bad point of view to have, because if a bass player blindly followed exactly what the guitars did, he'd be crucified.

Listen to The Crunge by Zeppelin... the bass and drums are in perfect 9/8 synch, but the bass isn't just playing to the kick drum in the key of the guitar. Working with the drums doesn't mean standing beside them quietly and taking orders.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Jul 9, 2007,
I hate to say it but the Chili Peppers are a fantastic example of bass and drum meshing. Flea clearly isn't playing only on the bass drum but the notes Chad is accenting Flea accents too. You need to mesh but not, as Fitz said, play blindly following the kick.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I hate to say it but the Chili Peppers are a fantastic example of bass and drum meshing. Flea clearly isn't playing only on the bass drum but the notes Chad is accenting Flea accents too. You need to mesh but not, as Fitz said, play blindly following the kick.

I've noticed that too. Also Geddy Lee's and Neil Peart's chemistry is unbelievable.

And fitz, THANK YOU for finally changing your avatar!
Quote by Lendorav
I've noticed that too. Also Geddy Lee's and Neil Peart's chemistry is unbelievable.

And fitz, THANK YOU for finally changing your avatar!

Just for you, bud.

And, as strange as it sounds, the Rolling Stones rhythm section is at times a lesson in synchronicity. They somehow manage to play sloppy and tight at the exact same time.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
guys, Pigman's banned. If the 9 of you who keep reporting him could start observing that, it'd save a lot of time and effort. Please and thank you.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by UtBDan
guys, Pigman's banned. If the 9 of you who keep reporting him could start observing that, it'd save a lot of time and effort. Please and thank you.

And so is DesolationRow0. This is the best day in UG history.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Nice. Thanks for reporting JRF. Any more details suggestions on how to get the tone?
For in these moments

Victor Gutierrez