Mpeg4 is video. as is Mpeg. Mp4 and MPG4 are just different extention names.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I have tons of itunes songs in mpeg4. The problem is that windows media player doesn't recognize the extension. I can still play the songs but I can't adjust the play speed. I'd like to be able to slow some stuff down so I can hear it a little better.
Got Bass?
just go on download.com and search for something that converts, or get it off torrents, and i've no idea if im actually allowed to post the words "download.com" incase it's like advertising....
Quote by DoctrDrew116
I have tons of itunes songs in mpeg4. The problem is that windows media player doesn't recognize the extension. I can still play the songs but I can't adjust the play speed. I'd like to be able to slow some stuff down so I can hear it a little better.

you mean M4A?

http://www.m4a.com/

MP4 is not M4A. like MP3 is not MPEG2

regardless, you can burn them ionto a disc in itunes and then rip them using Windows media into WMA or MP3. not cost effective, but easier than trying download.com and its 5000000 programs that just work

Quote by metaldud536

You could get dBpoweramp and the mp3 and m4a codec packs. I use this whenever I need to convert things to mp3 and it works just fine
Quote by magnus_maximus
On Windows 98 you could, literally, just rename the file and file extension, and it would reformat it, but it doesn't work on XP. But yeah, said solutions should solve your problem.

No it wouldn't, it would still just read it as the original filetype if you used the same program to open it. like, i couldn't rename a song as a batch file and have it actually do something

Quote by metaldud536

It has been like, 7 years since i touched 98. so bare with me, i'm running off memory

but by all intents it shouldn't work.

Quote by metaldud536