Hey guys I was wondering how hard it would be to lower my action on my Yamaha G-228 it was a right handed but I have restrung it as a left handed guitar (guitar cost $25), would it just be as easy as sanding the bridge back abit? Or would I have to take into account intonation etc.?
Heres and image that shows what it looks like: http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg1407iz4.jpg
What I would do, is take out the white bridge piece thing. The equivalent of the nut on the bridge and file it down. At least it's what I did. Worked for my acoustic.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
What I would do, is take out the white bridge piece thing. The equivalent of the nut on the bridge and file it down. At least it's what I did. Worked for my acoustic.

Yeah thats what I was thinking thanks.
Oh dear god, can no one use the seach tool? How to adjust your action should be a sticky or something. Everyday someone asks this question, and it just pollutes the forum.
Chad, relax, dude- that is what this forum is for.

Blue, just remove the plastic bridge, and sand the BOTTOM of it down in small increments at a time.

If you do happen to go to far, a local music store will have replacements pretty cheap.

good luck!
If the bridge is a compensated type, then the intonation is going to be off, permanently until you change it to a left hand style. Notice that it's angled? Farther away on low E than on the high E(when strung righty style I mean). Well, reverse the strings and now it's backwards, and that preset angle is how acoustics are intonated. If you can deal with the way it sounds, go for it, but I'd try to get an already made left-handed guitar myself. Easier on the ears.
Just sand it extremely carefully on a flat surface. I like to use a glass surface while having a book or something as a side guide.

**** I didn't read the question right. I agree with Dave unless you don't mind the intonation.
Hi!

Sig Retired.