Ok, I hate to have to do this. And I looked at the stickies and searched the forums for information and looked up reviews on the internet and all that stuff but I still would like some more input so: Which acoustic electric guitar would you recommend for around $700 or less?

I really want a Taylor, but it's going to be a present (I get to pick it out). And I don't know if they'll go for the Taylor 214e for about $850. If I can get this guitar, I will because the review in the sticky was good, I've heard only good things about Taylors, and the one I played in the store was very nice.

I was also looking at an Ibanez AW130FMECEVV. It seemed pretty nice for the price, about $530. It has Grover tuners, Fishman electronics, and it's solid top. I only played it for a little bit so I would have to take a closer look at it. But from what I've read, Ibanez acoustics aren't very good?
EDIT: Here is a link to the specs and a pic of this guitar... http://ibanez.com/acoustic/guitar.aspx?m=AW130FMECEVV

And I haven't really looked at any of the new Martins, but would I be able to get a decent one in this price range?

Please keep in mind: I play mostly singer-songwriter stuff and I will be using this guitar for gigging and recording.

Also, I'm used to playing an early 80's Martin D-35 acoustic, so will the step down into this price range be noticeable?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by acousticguitarr at Jul 8, 2007,
That's a pretty nice guitar... i'm not a fan of the shape (personal preference) but other than that i think its a gorgeous guitar to get. i like my taylor, but its an 814, and i haven't really played with the 200 series much so i couldn't give ya any advice to that. so i'll stick to saying the artwood is a perdy nice lookin' one!
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Wow, lucky you! That's a nice guitar. The 214 should be the same shape as your 814 only yours has a cutaway and this one doesn't. It definitely looks better with a cutaway though.
Ive played the 214e.

I was really suprised with how nice it sounded.

And it was good plugged in.

Ive never played that Ibanez though...
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
As much as some people say Ibanez's are good acoustics i still think that most of them just look nice and there is better value for money. Try get the Taylor I reckon
Thanks for the help guys. I got my new guitar yesterday, a Taylor 210e. It's beautiful and I love it.
congrats on your new guitar!

i was just curious as to why you don't want to play the 80s D-35 anymore.