So I'm getting my friend's drumset tomorrow while he hops on a plane to Spain. I was wondering if there were any easy songs to learn on drums, something like a Smoke On The Water for drums, you know, the essentials. Something that I could manage with only being able to keep a steady mid-paced drum beat. If it helps what the set is, its got Bass drum, Snare, Floor tom, 2 regular toms, hi-hat, crash and a ride. Doesn't really matter what style it is, as long as its easy and sounds cool. If you need anymore information, just ask.
Quote by lounge act
thats all that those sh*tty cymbals are good for...
Birthday by the beatles is easy

It sounds like hitting a car door for a cymbal

Dont diss the cowboyz frum hellz
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by lounge act
I meant all those bad cymbals are good for is hitting really really hard to bend, crack, bludgeon, etc. them to smithereens

Ahh. Yeah.

The rest of the kit's not so great either.

But TS, learn Cowboys From Hell, some AC/DC, or something. It really comes down to you, tho. Drum tabs usually aren't all that great, so just try to learn by ear.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
well, if you're just playing by yourself no one will really be able to tell what song you're playing... if you ask me the best way to learn is to learn a simple beat (hit the highhats w/ you stick 8th notes, bass on 1 and 3, snare on 2 and 4) and progress from there by making the beat harder or adding in fills
i recently picked up drums too. the first song i tried to learn (and am still trying to get down) is the distinguishable drum part at the beginning of When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin. it's really easy to play something that sounds very similar to it, but i can't get it down perfectly. i also learned in my life by the beatles, starlight by muse, the drums starting at around the 4:20 mark in stairway to heaven (excluding all the fills) and tons of other stuff that i made up while i was trying to learn other songs that were too difficult (other led zeppelin songs)
Last edited by ilikeguitar90 at Jul 9, 2007,
Quote by IUseAPurplePick
Ahh. Yeah.

The rest of the kit's not so great either.

But TS, learn Cowboys From Hell, some AC/DC, or something. It really comes down to you, tho. Drum tabs usually aren't all that great, so just try to learn by ear.

First Act