Hi i hav a Schecter C1-FR.
with an active pickups. I do not want active pickups and pretty low on budget. so is there any way i dont use battery's. One of my friends said connect the two wires on the battery connecters, to make a passive pickup. Is this true???

PLZ help
Thank You
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Han/banner_synyster.gif[/IMG]

"He who makes a beast out of himself, Gets rid of the pain of being a man."
Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

Schecter Synyster
Schecter C1-FR
Line 6 Spider II Amp
ummm, i might be wrong, but im not sure if there is a way to make active pickups into passive. ive always just heard of re-wiring the whole guitar with new pickups but im not sure, dont quote me.
fight the power that be
five bucks for a nine volt battery every....... few months? jeez just roll with it man
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
If you don't have a batter, you don't get sound. It's that simple.

Besides, as long as you use a quality alkaline battery (Duracell or Energizer), you'll have to replace the battery once every 6 to 8 months at most. Just unplug the guitar when you're not playing to maximize battery life. How broke can you be that you can't afford a single 9V battery per year?

Short of that, there's nothing you can do to make that guitar passive except buy new pickups and electronics, gut it, and rewire it from scratch with all new pots.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by ExplorerFreak
I think the budget thing is refering to him not having enough money to change the pickups.

Everyone gets quiet....

You sir, are a smart one.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
i used actives for awhile, you dont have to change a battery once a month or anything, its about once a year, just unplugg your guitar when your not playing and youll be fine
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
thanks you guys. I didnt want to use active pickups because it has too much distortion. So i guess im gonna hav to live with it. Thank you all for ur post
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Han/banner_synyster.gif[/IMG]

"He who makes a beast out of himself, Gets rid of the pain of being a man."
Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

Schecter Synyster
Schecter C1-FR
Line 6 Spider II Amp