Hey im thinking about upgrading the MEC pickups in my Warwick Corvette Pro Line and was thinking about either EMGs or Bartolinis. I play just about everything with my favourite being rock. I would also need something suitable for my school band that im in.
Thanks in advance for the help
Gear:
2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Honeyburst)
Marshall AVT50X
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Signature Crybaby Wah
I have the same bass and as far as I'm concerned, those are the ideal pickups for a Warwick. EMG's are very sterile and will hamper the Warwick's infamous growl, and Bartolini's are very gentle sounding, don't mesh well with louder bands, and just aren't suited for rock. I think MEC's are exceptional pickups and you should really keep them.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
are there better MECs than the ones that are in there?
Gear:
Marshall AVT50X
No, from what I understand, the MEC Jazz pickups are the same as on a Thumb bass or a Streamer bass, the top of the line stuff. What is wrong with the MEC's? Why do you want to change them?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
no i was just thinking about putting in active ones instead of the passive ones that are in there
Gear:
Marshall AVT50X
Oh, you have the passive ProLine? I think that's going to be tricky, because you'll want an active preamp as well. I have an active ProLine and it has an active/passive switch when you push and pull on the volume knob. The Dynamic Correction MEC's on passive Warwicks are indeed different, but I'm afraid I don't know how to help you.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
You can get a preamp put in there. it'll cost a bit cos you'll have to carve a space for them and the battery. as for the pickups, i'd leave em.

U could trade in the bass for one with actives in it. check ebay to see how much one would be.

also it's good to see thefitz has changed his pic...even if it is another odd looking man
Personally I hate the tone of MEC's.

That's just me though.

If I were buying jazz pickups I'd go for Nordstrand for any occasion.
haha