Quote by lilrocknroller
How not?
there better than that cannibal corpes ****

lol

this band is ****e. pure shizza.

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

and no, i'm not a CC fan.
^

But on topic, Three Days Grace is OK. They're really just an average modern rock band. Nothing special, but nothing terrible either. Just OK.
The.
cannibal corpse is a genre defining band, and alex webster is one of the finest bassists in the entire death metal genre. the lyrics of cannibal corpse are gory and obscene, but extremely unique and unrivaled in their morose humor (save for possibly cryptopsy). the guitarwork is killer.

three days grace have zero defining attributes, their songs are co written by crappy pop star writers. their music appeals to naruto fans and 10 year olds who think they're hard. not to mention their songs are among the most formulaic in structure, verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus chorus. every one... lyrical content? recycled
Three Days Grace Songs - Never Too Late, Just Like You, I Hate Everything About You
vs
Cannibal Corpse Songs - Meat Hook Sodomy, Hammer Smashed Face, Entrails Ripped From A Virgin's ****

who would you choose??
Quote by johnnyvaughan
Three Days Grace Songs - Never Too Late, Just Like You, I Hate Everything About You
vs
Cannibal Corpse Songs - Meat Hook Sodomy, Hammer Smashed Face, Entrails Ripped From A Virgin's ****

who would you choose??

out of those two?

CC.
Eh, there's worse bands out there though.

Only defining feature is the singer. Dont get me wrong, he's a very average singer but his voice is pretty recognizable. Other than that, simple drumming, unoriginal guitar riffs root note bass lines and like someone already said, recycled lyrics. That sums up Three Days Grace.
Quote by noahray
cannibal corpse is a genre defining band, and alex webster is one of the finest bassists in the entire death metal genre. the lyrics of cannibal corpse are gory and obscene, but extremely unique and unrivaled in their morose humor (save for possibly cryptopsy). the guitarwork is killer.

three days grace have zero defining attributes, their songs are co written by crappy pop star writers. their music appeals to naruto fans and 10 year olds who think they're hard. not to mention their songs are among the most formulaic in structure, verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus chorus. every one... lyrical content? recycled

How many gold/platinum albums do CC have?? none! 3DG have 1 of each

I like 3DG, I also like CC, you cant compare the 2.

I saw 3DG with Breaking Ben and Puddle of mud... I hate puddle of mud!!!! I'm a huge Breaking Ben fan, I think 3GD kind of blew them off stage.
The 3DG/CC arguement is irrelevant considering neither band is better than the other. It's all a matter of opinion

BTW... am I the only one who notices that there is a new Three Days Grace thread in this forum nearly everyday!!! (Not that I have anything against them)
"For Us, For Them, For You"
my friend loves this band and i really don't see whats so good about them the only song ill evev listen to would be animal i have become because its their heaviest song
having platinum albums doesnt make you a good artist, it means you market towards a large audience, in this case probably the largest outisde rap. a more select group of people listen to death metal.

cannibal corpse is one of the largest influences to the death metal genre, with "tomb of the mutilated" being a genre defining album. three days grace has some "platinum" hits, but will be forgotten in three years time after all their fans undergo puberty.

formulaic radio friendly pseudo emotional "rock" is pretty bland
Last edited by noahray at Jul 11, 2007,
Quote by Twist of fate
I ate my parents

that was a random bombshell there, twist.