My acoustic sucks unplugged

what is the best type of acoustics unplugged and what would be the best unplugged acoustic bass for around 400-750 dollars?

is there any good ones in that range that have a tuner in them?
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
As far as I'm concerned, and many UG'ers will agree, the Tacoma Thundercheif is the only bass worth playing that's unplugged. However, be prepared to spend a few hundred dollars more, but it's worth it, no doubt.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
any good acoustics with gay **** like roses on the fretboard?
Quote by 14shadesofblue
any good acoustics with gay **** like roses on the fretboard?

If you are referring to Michael Kelly's they have the exact same unplugged tone as any other ABG. They are boxy sounding, they don't project, the strings aren't evenly produced, and it gets little bottom. I trully believe if you want unplugged acoustic bass tone, get a Tacoma Thundercheif, or bring an amp with you.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
If you are referring to Michael Kelly's they have the exact same unplugged tone as any other ABG. They are boxy sounding, they don't project, the strings aren't evenly produced, and it gets little bottom. I trully believe if you want unplugged acoustic bass tone, get a Tacoma Thundercheif, or bring an amp with you.

k, i will look at them i just wanted something with cool designs so chicks would think its cool and pay more attention to me instead of the people i play acoustic stuff with
Quote by 14shadesofblue

k, i will look at them i just wanted something with cool designs so chicks would think its cool and pay more attention to me instead of the people i play acoustic stuff with

Heh, funny you should say that, because the Thundercheif is pretty spartan looking. Michael Kelly's are pretty and decently priced (and are easy to find in fretless), but tonally, they are on a different planet than the Thundercheif. But if looks are important, spring for a Kelly, as it's right in your price point.

PS. If people paying attention to you really matters, I think you're going to have a tough time as a bass player. Many non-musicians, especially chicks (and metalheads), are totally drawn to the guitar. Sometimes the only consolation is knowing the fact that they are moving their heads to your playing, not the guitar.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Jul 9, 2007,
i dont play metal with an acoustic...i play country/bluegrass with it

no metal heads moving their heads
there staring at you or dancing but they always stare at our singer/guitarist and are like HELL YEAH! to his solos and never to mine