Poll: Is it time for a revolution?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is it time for a revolution?
No, the world and/or my country is fine the way it is.
4 13%
Yes, The world and/or my country needs a change.
26 87%
Voters: 30.
Page 1 of 2
I have been watching the news lately and i just watched most of "Bowling for Columbine" for the 3rd time and plan to finish it tomorrow. What i have gathered from these things is that. I think the world is failing, i think its time for some revolution. I say this because, when you have people in power like George Bush, Dick Cheney, Amadivoghad(president of Iran, spelling? screw spelling I dont care about his name) in other words. A bunch of crazy people, and not just in the US Iran, i mean countries throughout the world. It just spells disaster. the American government is becoming to restricting to its peoples, sure there are lots of crazy people out there, but what really drives them to their crimes?

The "news" that is on TV, just emphasizes the fear in our everyday lives. the murders, rapes, bombings, war, etc. and the mass media, puts so much emphasis on whats in and out and what is cool and what isnt, and if you dont do this your not cool and **** you. i think that needs to change. the growing gap in the distribution of income is rising, The wealth is going to be concentrated into a group of people, the wealthy, whilst most of the population is stuck with little money. We are spending so much money on some stupid war, if we used that money and put it back into our own communities and towns, we would have enough education funds, money for good after school programs and such. which means less crime and eventually a more productive community overall. I dont know im kind of just venting, what are your guys' views on a revolution and stuff?
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Wont a revolution mean more war?

But I'm well out of the firing line so it could be quite entertaining to watch.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
yeah, the world needs to ****in straighten up, but this revolution would need to be GIANT, especially since there's so many different things to revolt against, it would be too hard to unite enough people for one cause.
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
Quote by winterXsolstice
please stop basing your views on movies made by fat retards.

Im not, anyone can see theres something wrong with todays world we live in.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
You say you want a revolution, well you know, we all want to change the world.
Quote by Krost
a Ghost possessed my dog and made him buy a 50 cent CD.

Watch it now, watch it!

"I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP"

Honorary Masshole. PM SOADFanSince'98 to join.
nothing would ever change unless someone did all the work for everyone else
people are too lazy(including myself) no matter how moved they are
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by RatmN'Roses

I know, especially today, unless the governments did something really really really bad to piss everyone off.

Its kinda sad......
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
lol, the thought of a revolution actually happening in a modern nation like the US is laughable.

the revolution would be crushed before it even got started. you could never get enough people to agree on one thing for it to get big enough.
Of course you're gonna think along those lines if you watch bowling for columbine almost 3 times. If there was actually a revolution what would you do? The government would resist it, and loads of people would be killed. Besides, if you cant even be bothered to learn how to spell Ahmadinejad, a revolution would be a bit much, wouldnt it?
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato
Quote by Salmon86
Of course you're gonna think along those lines if you watch bowling for columbine almost 3 times. If there was actually a revolution what would you do? The government would resist it, and loads of people would be killed. Besides, if you cant even be bothered to learn how to spell Ahmadinejad, a revolution would be a bit much, wouldnt it?

Its 1 am here, and yes i know the US military would crush it probably, if we werent prepared and stuff, i dont know.

V for Vendetta, anyone?
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
I hate our government. They keep setting up more regulations and taxes and restrictions and its stupid. They keep acting like they are trying to please every one but its just getting stupid. If 20 people complain about something but no one else cares they change it and then every one gets pissed off. Then they take everything else that is related to the thing they change and change those things too "well if you censored ass u might as well censor penis" and then they continue on with that until they censor words like "Colt 45", "balls", "weed"(all of these are in the song What its Like.
I had to change my car battery the other day. There was a 3 dollar "battery Tax", What the **** is that? That was added onto the sales tax. I mean seriously that is just stupid. They put random ass taxes on EVERYTHING. Vehicle taxes are horrible. Car tags, boat tags, and semi-trucks have to have a 20'000$ MCC license which they need just to drive on the roads. those are just auto taxes, thats not to mention the rest.
Did you know there is a greencard lottery for immigrants...
Quote by happytimeharry
You just made my penis retract into my body in fear. Thank you for that unpleasant feeling Stinkles...

Quote by sashki
So the next day when you were a girl again, you'd stick a dead willy dickinson into yourself? Sounds wrong to me.

Lol
Maybe a spiritual or peaceful revolution, you know?
something a little hippy?
YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE FROM THE DOOM DOOM DOOM

My Equipment:
Schecter Omen FR
Fender Frontman 25
Digitech Distortion Factory
Quote by Stinkles
I hate our government. They keep setting up more regulations and taxes and restrictions and its stupid. They keep acting like they are trying to please every one but its just getting stupid. If 20 people complain about something but no one else cares they change it and then every one gets pissed off. Then they take everything else that is related to the thing they change and change those things too "well if you censored ass u might as well censor penis" and then they continue on with that until they censor words like "Colt 45", "balls", "weed"(all of these are in the song What its Like.
I had to change my car battery the other day. There was a 3 dollar "battery Tax", What the **** is that? That was added onto the sales tax. I mean seriously that is just stupid. They put random ass taxes on EVERYTHING. Vehicle taxes are horrible. Car tags, boat tags, and semi-trucks have to have a 20'000$ MCC license which they need just to drive on the roads. those are just auto taxes, thats not to mention the rest.
Did you know there is a greencard lottery for immigrants...

Finally, someone who feels the same way i do!
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Smash the state! Abolish capitalism! Anarchy!!!!1!1

EDIT: But seriously, let's do it!
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Jul 9, 2007,
It's really sad that in our society being intelligent is frowned upon (0MGZZZ wut a n3rd!!!1) while mediocrity is perfectly okay. If people were just a little more concerned in education and less in looking cool. America especially disappoints me. If we opened our eyes to the world and realized there are other cultures out there, I would be soo happy. I get so ****ing pissed when people have absolutley no idea where a certain country is, and don't care. One girl I talked to said "I don't get why we have to learn Spanish, hell, the rest of the world should speak English." I'm not asking for anyone to know the capital of Cameroon or whatever but it would be wonderful if we had respect for other cultures. I feel that ignorance and arrogance are HUGE problems in the US. If that was worked on, many things would improve
Last edited by LHOOQ at Jul 9, 2007,
Quote by winterXsolstice
please stop basing your views on movies made by fat retards.

your going to tell me his entire view is based on movies made by fat retards and not observing the world we are in? And you believe that the way we are going is fine ?
Honestly, the world is a lot better than it was years ago. What people don't understand is that there are always going to be problems, and that the media will always emphasize them.

"Oh, there are higher crime rates now."

No, it is actually a much safer world to live in mor today's generation than for our parents'. Guess what time today's crime rate is basically equivalent to? The late 1950's. And, social issues aside, the late 1950's weren't so bad. Ever since Regan, the crime rate has gone down, big time. It's just slowly increased over the past few years. The 1990's were one of the safest decades in American history.

"Well divorce rates are up."

But gambling, drinking, and spousal abuse are down. Countries with higher divorce rates tend to have less of these sorts of problems.

"What about the war?"

What, Iraq? Please. It's hardly a war than just a couple of battles against an ununiformed militia. It's an impossible war to win, because there is no distinct enemy. Don't get me wrong, I support the troops 100%, God bless them. But honestly, with a few exceptions, the Middle East in general is less a group of countries than it is a group of mobs with armies.

And to the guy who made the statement about the greencard lottery, that is because there is a certain limit to how many can enter the country. Otherwise there would be too many people and not enough jobs. Anyone who's ever played Sim City knows that... :roll:

A revolution is hardly what the world needs, and is hardly going to happen anytime soon. The only reason not much gets done in this country is because Congress is a mess. Yes, there needs to be a change. But a V For Vandetta-style revolution? Please. This is a Republic, not a Tyranny. And please, I hope no one gets to calling Bush a Facist; I doubt you even know what one is.

And God, to all of the little Anarchists out there, you realize that an Anarchy is a political idealogy, right? Honestly, if the people of a nation had an accepted set of principles, and Anarchy would, honestly, be the ideal world. But there are too many people with the "Fuck the rules" state of mind that an Anarchy would end up being a disaster.

Edit - Quite the rant, eh?
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
"Hey guys. I'm a high school student and I think I'm politically aware. I just got done watching a Micheal Moore movie and I think I know how the world works now! JOIN ME!"
Quote by RatmN'Roses

History says otherwise.
Revolution? Maybe.

Stopping 'celebrities' getting everyone to bitch and whine about the fucking environment? Definately.
Earth is a hell of a lot more durable than people give it credit for, humans will die out long before it does.
Quote by eckmann88
Honestly, the world is a lot better than it was years ago. What people don't understand is that there are always going to be problems, and that the media will always emphasize them.

"Oh, there are higher crime rates now."

No, it is actually a much safer world to live in mor today's generation than for our parents'. Guess what time today's crime rate is basically equivalent to? The late 1950's. And, social issues aside, the late 1950's weren't so bad. Ever since Regan, the crime rate has gone down, big time. It's just slowly increased over the past few years. The 1990's were one of the safest decades in American history.

"Well divorce rates are up."

But gambling, drinking, and spousal abuse are down. Countries with higher divorce rates tend to have less of these sorts of problems.

"What about the war?"

What, Iraq? Please. It's hardly a war than just a couple of battles against an ununiformed militia. It's an impossible war to win, because there is no distinct enemy. Don't get me wrong, I support the troops 100%, God bless them. But honestly, with a few exceptions, the Middle East in general is less a group of countries than it is a group of mobs with armies.

And to the guy who made the statement about the greencard lottery, that is because there is a certain limit to how many can enter the country. Otherwise there would be too many people and not enough jobs. Anyone who's ever played Sim City knows that... :roll:

A revolution is hardly what the world needs, and is hardly going to happen anytime soon. The only reason not much gets done in this country is because Congress is a mess. Yes, there needs to be a change. But a V For Vandetta-style revolution? Please. This is a Republic, not a Tyranny. And please, I hope no one gets to calling Bush a Facist; I doubt you even know what one is.

And God, to all of the little Anarchists out there, you realize that an Anarchy is a political idealogy, right? Honestly, if the people of a nation had an accepted set of principles, and Anarchy would, honestly, be the ideal world. But there are too many people with the "Fuck the rules" state of mind that an Anarchy would end up being a disaster.

Edit - Quite the rant, eh?

Mussolini invented fascism, i think i know what fascism is thank you.

Oh, and this is also coming from a 14 year old kid?.....

And yea the war will never be won, i now that, but tis costing us like 145 million dollars a day?.... I bet you could name 10 good things that 145 mil could go to. Instead of some un-winnable war.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Quote by CowboyUp
"Hey guys. I'm a high school student and I think I'm politically aware. I just got done watching a Micheal Moore movie and I think I know how the world works now! JOIN ME!"

Better than "Hey guys. I'm a high school student and I think life rocks. I just got done watching American Pie and I think I wanna go drink tons of beer and screw a ton chicks! I'm JOINING A FRATERNITY NEXT YEAR TO ADD TO THE STEREOTYPE!!!1"
Quote by LHOOQ
Better than "Hey guys. I'm a high school student and I think life rocks. I just got done watching American Pie and I think I wanna go drink tons of beer and screw a ton chicks! I'm JOINING A FRATERNITY NEXT YEAR TO ADD TO THE STEREOTYPE!!!1"

+1
Well put sir or madam.
Quote by LHOOQ

+1

gtfo off my internetz cowboyup, i never said i knew how the world worked, go read Freakonomics and then you can come talk to me.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Quote by swordsrkewl
Mussolini invented fascism, i think i know what fascism is thank you.

Oh, and this is also coming from a 14 year old kid?.....

And yea the war will never be won, i now that, but tis costing us like 145 million dollars a day?.... I bet you could name 10 good things that 145 mil could go to. Instead of some un-winnable war.

I meant hte calling Bush a facist comment to anyone who did, not saying that you nessescarily called him one.

And yes, I could name 10 good things that 145 million dollars could go to. I simply meant that all the people who call this a terrible war blow things out of proportion.

Oh, and there's only two years between us, buddy

Edit - And you ask a question, but when someone disagreed with you, you told them to "get off your internets"???
Quote by SynGates7X

Quote by Duane_Allman

Quote by SavageNights

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Quote by LHOOQ

I'm happy to say that I don't fit that steriotype either
Quote by LHOOQ

Way to make a generalisation, asshole.
I know I'd rather enjoy my freedoms while I still had them.
Quote by swordsrkewl
+1

gtfo off my internetz cowboyup, i never said i knew how the world worked, go read Freakonomics and then you can come talk to me.

Your probably one of those guys who believed Loose Change. Just because you saw the opinions of a radical liberal media ***** doesn't mean you need to let yourself be swept away just because he is good at presenting his points.
Last edited by CowboyUp at Jul 9, 2007,
Quote by eckmann88
I meant hte calling Bush a facist comment to anyone who did, not saying that you nessescarily called him one.

And yes, I could name 10 good things that 145 million dollars could go to. I simply meant that all the people who call this a terrible war blow things out of proportion.

Oh, and there's only two years between us, buddy

Im 17 in 16 days so whatever.

DONT EVER GROW UP.

God it sucks.....
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
"Do you want me to call the cops?"
"Do you want me to get naked and start the revolution?"
-Orange County

Yes, I get what you're saying. A revolution of SOME kind is needed.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by swordsrkewl

DONT EVER GROW UP.

God it sucks.....

So I can imagine...

I will admit, I am enjoying this little debate, though.
Quote by SynGates7X

Quote by Duane_Allman

Quote by SavageNights

Quote by DraketheFake

Help
Space
Quote by swordsrkewl

DONT EVER GROW UP.

God it sucks.....

I'm sure that it will suck when you grow up.
Quote by CowboyUp
Your probably one of those guys who believed Loose Change. Just because you saw the opinions of a radical liberal media ***** doesn't mean you need to let yourself be swept away just because he is good at presenting his points. I don't agree with Meths all the time, but damn it if he isn't one of the smartest, most well practiced debaters if I've ever seen one.

Whats loose change?

And no i dont follow Liberals around. My political views are moderate. And my first post isnt about liberal media or bowling for columbine. Just because I was thinking about it, doesnt mean its why i wrote this thread. Just like reading a book about something doesnt make you want to instantaneously start a thread on UG's pit, or maybe it does for some people but not for me.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Quote by Retro Rocker
Way to make a generalisation, asshole.
I know I'd rather enjoy my freedoms while I still had them.

I never meant that to personally attack Cowboyup. (To Cowboyup: sorry if it came off like that.) I realize that he is probably not the stereotypical asshole I said in my quote. I was saying it is better that a high school student care about politics no matter how little he or she knows than to not care at all. Loosen up, man.
Quote by swordsrkewl
Whats loose change?

And no i dont follow Liberals around. My political views are moderate. And my first post isnt about liberal media or bowling for columbine. Just because I was thinking about it, doesnt mean its why i wrote this thread. Just like reading a book about something doesnt make you want to instantaneously start a thread on UG's pit, or maybe it does for some people but not for me.

My bad for not reading your first post. I read "bowling for columbine" and vented. I'm gone now.

I still think you're a twat
Quote by redwing_suck
"Do you want me to call the cops?"
"Do you want me to get naked and start the revolution?"
-Orange County

revolution is coming. in the 2008 elections. the US has always had the advantage of nonviolent regime changes (see election of 1800). unless you buy into the "der it's all one party! there's no difference between them! they're all corporate puppets!"
#DTWD
Quote by CowboyUp
My bad for not reading your first post. I read "bowling for columbine" and vented. I'm gone now.

I still think you're a twat

agree to disagree then

twat. lol
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor

Quote by superslash1994
Page 1 of 2